Can't get 9X with FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack to work

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
airbornePregnantCow

Can't get 9X with FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack to work

Post by airbornePregnantCow »

Hello everybody, first post here asking for some advice:

Seller claims the module is compatible with the Turnigy 9X. I've modified the 9X hardware to accommodate the radio - removed the protruding plastic pin header, removed the stock transmitter antenna, soldered a in a programming header. Then I've successfully flashed openTX 2.2.1 with -frsky toggle (and battery graph and different font).

I plug everything in and it can't bind. TX enters bind mode fine, flashing the LED and beeping every couple of seconds. RX also enters bind mode fine, but the red LED stays constantly on, when it should start to pulse on it's own once binding finishes.

I'm a little lost on what more configuration steps I should take to get this working with openTX.

For reference the page of the FrSKY transmitter:
https://www.banggood.com/FrSky-DJT-2_4G ... rehouse=CN

The radio is a Turnigy 9X with 128m chip.

airbornePregnantCow

Re: Can't get 9X with FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack to work

Post by airbornePregnantCow »

Solved. The issue was the transmitter was physically to close to the received. I backed up 2 meters and it started working. All the time I had them next to each other on my desk.

RF magic scares me.

Return to “openTx”