HELP!!!! Rudder stuck after buddy box connection Qx7

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
HyperHelis

HELP!!!! Rudder stuck after buddy box connection Qx7

Post by HyperHelis »

My daughter and myself both have a Taranis Q x7 tx and after setting up for buddy boxing somehow my daughters tx (Master) has the rudder stuck full left with no signs of input control. Its just stuck full left. Its not mechanical its in the software. We have no idea what went wrong. It just happened. I have all the settings the same between the two for reference and turned of buddy boxing. Not sure if my transmitter (Slave) confused it somehow. Can someone please help??? You can see in the photo on the bottom left that its jammed in the lower right corner and the trims are centered.

We have tried calibrating it several times with ending with the same results.
Attachments
stuck rudder.jpg

GoGoMan12

Re: RE: HELP!!!! Rudder stuck after buddy box connection Qx7

Post by GoGoMan12 »

HyperHelis wrote:My daughter and myself both have a Taranis Q x7 tx and after setting up for buddy boxing somehow my daughters tx (Master) has the rudder stuck full left with no signs of input control. Its just stuck full left. Its not mechanical its in the software. We have no idea what went wrong. It just happened. I have all the settings the same between the two for reference and turned of buddy boxing. Not sure if my transmitter (Slave) confused it somehow. Can someone please help??? You can see in the photo on the bottom left that its jammed in the lower right corner and the trims are centered.

We have tried calibrating it several times with ending with the same results.
Temporarily plug a spare servo in your rudder channel and see if it does the same thing. If so, it is either the receiver or radio. If not, it is a bad servo.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

HyperHelis

Re: HELP!!!! Rudder stuck after buddy box connection Qx7

Post by HyperHelis »

We were buddy boxing her little quadcopter. After we had it all set up we went to try it and it would only spin full right. It was working fine moments before with out the buddy box cable. I know its in the software I just dont know how to fix it. I just reconnected them using the white tx as the slave and mine as the master and the issue carries over to my signal screen. If I reverse them my signal works fine on her tx.
GoGoMan12

Re: RE: Re: HELP!!!! Rudder stuck after buddy box connection Qx7

Post by GoGoMan12 »

HyperHelis wrote:We were buddy boxing her little quadcopter. After we had it all set up we went to try it and it would only spin full right. It was working fine moments before with out the buddy box cable. I know its in the software I just dont know how to fix it. I just reconnected them using the white tx as the slave and mine as the master and the issue carries over to my signal screen. If I reverse them my signal works fine on her tx.
Not
familiar with qx7, but, if you can save models to a Sim card, save the working one and load it in the other transmitter. Didn't realize you had a quad from first post.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Try going to the "ANALOGS TEST" menu, and seeing what the 4-digit (hex) value does for the rudder stick.
If it doesn't change significantly when you move the stick, you may need to open the radio and check the connector from the stick to the main board hasn't come loose, or that a wire to the stick hasn't broken.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

GoGoMan12

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: HELP!!!! Rudder stuck after buddy box connection Qx7

Post by GoGoMan12 »

GoGoMan12 wrote:
HyperHelis wrote:We were buddy boxing her little quadcopter. After we had it all set up we went to try it and it would only spin full right. It was working fine moments before with out the buddy box cable. I know its in the software I just dont know how to fix it. I just reconnected them using the white tx as the slave and mine as the master and the issue carries over to my signal screen. If I reverse them my signal works fine on her tx.
Not
familiar with qx7, but, if you can save models to a Sim card, save the working one and load it in the other transmitter. Didn't realize you had a quad from first post.

Or, go to the old fashioned method of buddy box. Give her the transmitter and you put your thumbs on top of hers. When she needs help you take over. The advantage is she will feel what you did.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:03 pm Try going to the "ANALOGS TEST" menu, and seeing what the 4-digit (hex) value does for the rudder stick.
If it doesn't change significantly when you move the stick, you may need to open the radio and check the connector from the stick to the main board hasn't come loose, or that a wire to the stick hasn't broken.

Mike.
Please do what MikeB suggests, as you might have an hardware issue..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
HyperHelis

Post by HyperHelis »

Got It! Thank you very much guys for helping. The only pot in the tx with out a little glue was the one that broke! Lol One of the wires broke off at the solder joint. Its all soldered up and Glued. I really appreciate the help.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Hmm, that is worrying, very worrying.
People should open and check their radios.

This happened to the old Taranis as well.

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “openTx”