OpenTX 2.2 WAV parameters

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
rcyoda

OpenTX 2.2 WAV parameters

Post by rcyoda »

I copied all my WAV files (which I was using with OTX2.0/2.1) to OpenTX 2.2 on Horus, changing their filenames names to 6 letters max. They work in Companion simulator, but not on my Horus, where they are not even visible (they are in proper folder).

Shall I export them using some special WAV settings?

Kilrah

Re: OpenTX 2.2 WAV parameters

Post by Kilrah »

No difference in format, so it's only folder location or filename.
rcyoda

Post by rcyoda »

Thanks Kilrah. It was filenames, but not straight. I was copying my files from Windows 10 encrypted folder (not Bitlocker). In that case Windows is copying the files encrypted, with invisible .PFILE extension + there is no warning and files are not marked as encrypted (you can see it in properties though). Thus you cannot see that filenames are changed while your Horus is connected to Windows, but it is visible in SD card browser on the radio itself. I would make a screenshot, but seems it is gone from special and global functions? (OTX 2.2.1 on Horus X10S).

Coming back to the topic. Solution is simple - connect your radio to Windows machine and decrypt the files :).
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Win10 has a "Snipping Tool" buried away in its guts. Works very well for grabbing a selection and saving it.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
rcyoda

Post by rcyoda »

rdeanchurch wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:30 am Win10 has a "Snipping Tool" buried away in its guts. Works very well for grabbing a selection and saving it.
Right, but Snipping Tool do not run on Horus itself, and .PLIST extensions are visible only there and not in the simulator (or in the simulator, but then on different computer, not the one which encrypted the files, as this computer is hiding .PLIST extensions).

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The screenshot function is still present on 2.2, just not implemented for the color screen radios at this point.

Good you found your issue, never used the encrypted files feature (bitlocker on all my drives though).
rcyoda

Post by rcyoda »

Kilrah wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:07 am The screenshot function is still present on 2.2, just not implemented for the color screen radios at this point.

Good you found your issue, never used the encrypted files feature (bitlocker on all my drives though).
OK, so will just wait to have screenshot implemented. Not most urgent feature I guess... I thought that maybe it is missing, because there is some "magic" navigation key combination, to trigger screenshot that way.

BTW: is there any documentation available on Horus X10/X12 navigation keys / shortcuts?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Not that I know of, but there aren't really any beyond reaching the channel monitor with MDL while in the menus.

You can do screenshots in the simulator.

Return to “openTx”