M9 Gymbals in a X9E

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
mpjf01

M9 Gymbals in a X9E

Post by mpjf01 »

The M9 gymbals can be installed in a X9E radio but need to be reversed (turned 180 degrees) to fit. This obviously means that the throttle and elevator directions will be reversed. This was dealt with when people started using Horus gymbals in the same radio by a firmware alternative selected prior to download. Does this firmware version also support the M9 gymbals? I would try it and see however my computer has been unable to download firmware all afternoon and I would like a secure answer anyway. Thanks.

mpjf01

Re: M9 Gymbals in a X9E

Post by mpjf01 »

As far as I can tell by limited testing selecting the Horus gymbal option does work with M9 gymbals as well.

For anyone interested in doing this modification the wires on my M9-R gymbal trim connector were too short and would need to be lengthened. The standard M9 wires (on my set at least) were just long enough.

Return to “openTx”