FS TH9X with a Smartieparts 9Xtreme board fitted.

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Paulusdw

FS TH9X with a Smartieparts 9Xtreme board fitted.

Post by Paulusdw »

I have been off the grid for a while - and even when I was on the grid I didn't know what I was doing most of the time. I have an FS TH9X radio with a 9Xtreme board fitted - it works fine - I fly now with it frequently and there are many features I have no idea about and many more I have forgotten about as I didn't touch my radio or quads of over a year and have left everything as it was.

My question is this - am I able to use OpenTX with my radio with this board fitted? - would it give me any advantages if I did? - would I have to start again with my models (I never really knew what I was doing before, but somehow I managed by trial and error to get my quads working in the most basic way) and I have no idea what I am doing now. (by the way - I never managed to get the three position switch to work and allow me to change flight modes, that's how simple I am).

Or would you suggest - if it's working - don't fix it.

Any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated.

Paul

jhsa

Re: FS TH9X with a Smartieparts 9Xtreme board fitted.

Post by jhsa »

OpenTX doesn't support the 9xtreme board as far as I know.
I personally can't see any advantages in changing anyway.
Yes, you would have to program your models from scratch as openTX and ErSky9x are no longer compatible..

João

EDIT: Ah, and if you really want to learn how to work with the firmware ;) then I suggest you go to www.er9x.com and download the er9x manual. Er9x is a lighter version of ErSky9x that run on less capable processors. But the basics are the same. There is some magic that will put the information inside your head. It's called "reading the manual" :mrgreen:
Also, below all my posts, there is a link to some video tutorials I've made. They are a bit old but are still valid for learning the mixer for example.

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “openTx”