Saving current x9D configuration

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
jesse59672

Saving current x9D configuration

Post by jesse59672 »

I have a very basic question about OpenTx/Companion with regard to my Taranis X9D plus. I am currently in the middle of employing a fleet of RC survey equipment, all of which will be controlled using the taranis controller. I almost have the controller working exactly how I want minus a few things. I am currently looking for a method to save the controller's current settings/config, and then later after purchasing more of them, quickly apply all the configuration to multiple controllers. Can anyone send a link my way or point me in the right direction? My controller is currently running opentx-taranis-plus 2.16. Also, I am not interested in flashing to the newest version of OpenTx as my application is fairly basic and doesn't require very many features. Thanks!

thebriars0

Re: Saving current x9D configuration

Post by thebriars0 »

Simple. Use the Companion, and then save the settings to a PC as well, then you have a backup should anything happen to the Taranis. New Tx can have the settings copied over to them using the Companion.

See documentation in topic above this one.
jesse59672

Post by jesse59672 »

From the downloads page:
Please note that your radio has been delivered with a firmware that is customised and exclusive to FrSky, and is not part of the OpenTX team’s offerings and development cycle. It is supposed to be used on its own, exclusively on the radio (no companion), and is supported directly by FrSky which means that should something not work or any feature request should be expressed directly to them. It is stable and suitable for most usage cases, and is the preferred version that most Taranis owners should likely be using.
Is it still possible to save all settings for FrSky's version of openTx firmware using companion?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If you use "backup radio to file" and "restore radio from file" no problem since nothing is actually touched.

But you don't even need companion or a computer, you can just go on the version screen and backup the entire memory onto the SD card with ENTER Long.
You can then put the card in another radio and restore from the bootloader, as long as it's running the same major firmware version.
Note you'll need to recalibrate sticks/pots/battery voltage on the new radio.

Return to “openTx”