Open Tx 2.2 For 9XR - 9XR pro

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
old4570

Open Tx 2.2 For 9XR - 9XR pro

Post by old4570 »

Is there a step by step guide out there ?
I would like to try open Tx with both my 9XR and 9XR pro

A) 9XR pro I can do from the USB
B) 9XR is proving some what ?? of a PITA
C) The USB driver , following instructions from oenTx , STM 32 BOOTLOADER ( What the parking lot ) ... Zadig is proving to be useless ...
( Win 8.1 ) I got USBasp installed ? , no option for STM 32 BOOTLOADER like in the alleged guides ..

So apparently if there is no STM 32 , then don't bother trying to go any further !

D) And just what files do you download ?????????????/ For the Turnigy 9XR (pro) do you download the Taranis X9 files ???? , or do you need transmitter specific files ? ( A rather obvious Noob question I don't see addressed ) Perhaps I cant see the tree for the forest ?

I think all this stuff is fantastic , but it's just giving me a headache .. I understand guides , but when they simply dont work ? or the instructions are vague ..

I think I installed the STM 32 bootloader for Betaflight ... ?? ( So it should be there ?

I might have to try and manually chose STM 32 , If I can fins it ..

Please help !

Kilrah

Re: Open Tx 2.2 For 9XR - 9XR pro

Post by Kilrah »

The 9XR-PRO does not use an STM32 processor so none of the STM or Zadig stuff applies.

You jsut power up with the horizontal trims pinched to center, set companion to use a 9XR-Pro, use it to download 9XR-PRO firmware and download the SD card contents (Taranis ones will do).
old4570

Post by old4570 »

Yep , I gave up playing with the 9xr .....

I moved to the 9XR pro , and it was as simple as downloading the Taranis 9x SD card files , then installing the companion software ..
Then simply creating a Tx profile , choosing the stuff U want ( like multiprotocol )

What mine did not do was save it as a BIN file , I had to manually rename the file 9xrpro *.bin
After that flashing the Tx was easy ...

9X and 9XR Transmitters dont apparently support Multiprotocol , ( Unless its the older one ? )

Anyhow , OPEN TX 2.2 installed on my 9XR pro ( awaiting a multi protocol module )
Just have to try and rebind some models with this new firmware now ... ( Other modules )
Yeah , the 9XR pro is fun , the 9XR is not so much fun , all sorts of issues with the 9XR ...
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If you have a PRO the 9XR indeed doesn't have a lot of interest... just backup, maybe buddy box too. OpenTX indeed doesn't support multiprotocol on AVR radios.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Just for info. er9x does support the Multiprotocol module on the 9XR.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

old4570

Post by old4570 »

I installed er9x on my 9XR and it does look like it supports the multi protocol module ...

( But which one ) https://www.banggood.com/IRangeX-IRX4-2 ... endongling

I have this one on the way ...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I think they all use the same actual protocol between the radio and the module. Most, however, ship with old firmware, so they need to be updated. The firmware you flash will then be correct anyway.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
iangeen

Post by iangeen »

Hello, I wonder if you would be willing to help me update my 9xr pro, it it's quite new to me from my dx6i and is a whole new world of complicated. I have already flashed it with a version of open tx but my trims for elevator seem to be reversed and also when I pull down on the stick the screen version goes up! I am a bit out of my depth and have I my a few models programmed in it so far. I would like to get the latest firmware on it with the sound pack etc,basically get it up to speed and start again nice and clean. I have the multi protocol from banggood installed in it. I have companion and eepesky installed On the pc. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it. Kind regards Ian.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited by iangeen on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Hi Ian, welcome to openRCforums..
It is not a good idea to post your phone number, or other personal data on forums. I suggest you edit your post and remove it.
People will read your post and will hopefully help if they know how to..

I don't use openTX. I use Ersky9x, so I'm not the best help.. But if you want to use openTX then you need companion which is its eeprom editor.
Eepskye is Ersky9x's eeprom editor. Ersky9x and openTX are NOT compatible..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
jaeno

Post by jaeno »

...just flashed mine 9xr with er9x went from open tx due to multi support :)
Is it ok that I've just downloaded 821from
http://www.er9x.com/
but radio shows 820 (30.11.2016)... kinda strange...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It is correct, I made a mistake with the displayed number.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
JRMSR

Post by JRMSR »

I have opentx 2.2.1 working on the 9XRPRO, EXCEPT I cannot get either the simulator or the radio to recognize ID0, ID1, ID2 (3 POS SWITCH)
I have them set in the INPUT screen for different WEIGHTS and EXPO, however neither the sim or radio will change the WEIGHT or EXPO. Everything is set to 100% ignoring the switches completely.
Anyone can confirm if 3 POS switch working for them????
LoafFPV

Post by LoafFPV »

I am currently on ErSky9xr and simulator works fine but haven't been able to fly my crossfire setup (micro module) yet.
Does crossfire.lua work on 9XR Pro with OpenTX? I was thinking about flashing OpenTX if that would let me configure the crossfire receiver via lua, otherwise I will have to wait.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I fairly certain that openTx doesn't support LUA on the 'PRO, due to limited RAM available. I did build a version of ersky9x that included LUA, which did run, but any script seemed to use up what RAM was available very quickly, so only very small scripts would run.
I did change the processor on an AR9X board to a '4S8, which has 128K of RAM instead of 64K, so LUA is OK on there, but most people wouldn't be doing that, which is why I developed the "lighter" script for ersky9x.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

So, see, you just need someone to write a script for Ersk9x :) That is more likely to happen than OpenTX supporting LUA on that radio.
Ersky9x supports scripts on all radios..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
LoafFPV

Post by LoafFPV »

OK, then I'll stay on ersky9xr. "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience" or so someone said. =)

Return to “openTx”