Sequencing

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
drummaker

Sequencing

Post by drummaker »

I am going crazy. on my old DX9 I could use sequencing to pull the choke on and off. I would ram the choke all the way open than back off the servo off slightly so there wouldn't be any drag on the servo. I did the same thing closing it.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to create a sequence that for instance flip the switch sd up an have the servo on channel move =100 then after half a second back off to 90

and the other way

I have see mix scripts eluded to but that is opening a complexity I simply don't believe I need to go to to get this done. I mean my dX9 will do it easily

any help?

jhsa

Re: Sequencing

Post by jhsa »

You don't need a script for that :) Just use a logical switch and a mix on the servo's channel..
I don't remember the name of the function you should use on the logical switch as I don't use openTX, but it can be done for sure, and it is very easy..

João

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
wineguy

Post by wineguy »

You could accomplish this with two Logical Switches.
L1 would be an AND function and V1 would be SD↓
L2 would be an AND function and V1 would be L1 then a .5sec delay.
In your Mixer use L1 on your channel for your choke at 100% and add a Mixer Edit using L2 to Replace the 100% with 90%.
drummaker

Post by drummaker »

Thank you for the response JSA and Wineguy. I found another way as well I see logical switches would also work. and maybe better but how do I set the value of a logical switch? can you show me?

I used a couple of unused channels and had them change value on a delay then used them in the mix for the channel in question

Actually though I will be using this example when I am changing out the receiver in my decathlon, The thing I was actually trying to do was activate the callibration procedure on an s6r. though how to make this work is undocumented I have found that swinging channel 12 from 0 to 100 then minus 100 back to 100 then back to 0 makes it start the calibration process. I was doing this with a switch but I wanted to automate it

here is what I did. I haven't tested it on the actual receiver yet but it does do what I planned... Anyone got a better way?
mix.PNG
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You don't need all that :)
Sorry, I didn't have time to do this before.. I don't use openTX but I got companion installed to help you :)

Create a Logical switch:

L1 edge SD^ Duration 0,5 (leave all other settings at zero)

When you turn SD^ ON, L1 will turn ON for half second.

Now go to mixer:

CH12 MAX 90%
R MAX 100% Switch (L1)

The first mix on the channel will set the channel to 90%, You can also use another source if you want to do the same to a channel controlled by a Stick or Pot for example.

R means that the mix is a Replace mix. It will replace all mixes above it in the same channel with it's own value, in this case, 100%.

as you can see, much easier.. Try it. I hope it helped

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

drummaker

Post by drummaker »

I really do appreciate the response and understand what you are saying but
the real thing I am actually trying to do now is below. I was trying to simplify so I didn't have to explane
Wow Edge is the answer
though you got the durations off a little
o and instant is right

I am loving this thanks a bunch
drummaker

Post by drummaker »

Here is a new way WOW Lots of ways.... I really didn't have a full grasp on the logical switches or on MAX which I really wish they would just let you type in a value instead of having to mess with offset. but Hey. How am I to argue with the braniacs that came up with this stuff.

logical switches
Logicswit.JPG
then mixes
CHOKEMIX.PNG
CHOKEMIX.PNG (7.76 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
this works fine too

Wow talk about flexability

sorry about the pic formatting I am frustrated enough from making this work and don't want to wrestle with the website too
Attachments
LOGSWITCHES.PNG
(6.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wineguy

Post by wineguy »

Here's yet another way
Attachments
Mixes.JPG
Logical Sw.JPG

Return to “openTx”