New Binding Options

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
mpjf01

New Binding Options

Post by mpjf01 »

I've just installed ON368 with Bindopt ticked and I can see 4 ways to bind receivers with different channels and telemetry on/off options - all allowing use of 8 channels. Does this only apply to PWM outputs or also SBUS/internal, for example can I still bind my S8R with 12 channels (at least)? I'd test it myself but the only receiver I have right now is buried in a plane.

I'm just after an understanding of what happens to the SBUS side of it, if the new bind method replaces (optionally presumably) the old way where you could choose to bind with 8 channels to get the faster 9ms performance and 16 channels to get 18ms does the new method give 16 channels all the time or 8 channels with any of the options?

Kilrah

Re: New Binding Options

Post by Kilrah »

SBUS is ALWAYS 16 chans.

The options refer to the PWM outputs, and apply to receivers that already supported choosing between these 4 options using jumpers. They need a firmware upgrade to allow remote setting, not all have had one yet.

Return to “openTx”