Looking for help with logic switches for throttle

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Barnaby001

Looking for help with logic switches for throttle

Post by Barnaby001 »

Hello, I'm wondering if the following is possible:

I have a throttle channel override on a two-way switch.

I have three flight modes on a three-way switch, and on each one I have a curve providing me with low idle speed (electric motor) when the throttle stick is at it's lowest postion.

For safety I’d like it so that the throttle override on the two-way switch will only come off if the throttle stick is at its lowest position. Once this condition has been met the throttle will act like normal until it’s reset by the two-way switch overriding the throttle channel again.

The only trouble is that I don’t know how to set up the logic which I think requires a two conditions to be met, then for those conditions to be ignored until reset.

I've played around, but can't seem to make any headway, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Looking for help with logic switches for throttle

Post by MikeB »

Search for "Sticky throttle switch", you should find how to do this.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Barnaby001

Post by Barnaby001 »

Thank you Mike, half the battle is knowing what the right search criteria is. I'll have a play tomorrow and hopefully get it working.

Thanks again.
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

For a start. Does a bit more than just the sticky throttle too.

L1 checks for Throttle Stick under -99 (fully to the bottom)
L2 makes sure L1 is met AND SF is 'enabled' (not Throttle Cut)
L3 'sticks' if L2 is met.... and 'unsticks' if SF goes to 'disabled' (Throttle Cut)

L4 Checks if the Throttle in above -80
L5 Triggers if the Throttle Cut is off, and the Throttle Stick is above -80 (L4) - This is used to trigger a Timer to measure "Power On" time.
L6 is a Sticky Switch that turns on when Throttle Cut OFF is active, thus counts the total flying time (pretty much)
Attachments
Page 05-TC.jpg

Return to “openTx”