openTx 2.2 RC10, problems with joystick lag(?)

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Mistale

openTx 2.2 RC10, problems with joystick lag(?)

Post by Mistale »

I updated my Taranis X9D Plus from 2.1 to 2.2 today in order to use the Lua-scripts provided by the betaflight-project.
After updating, I get very strange behaviour when using the tx as a pc joystick. I normally use it together with the Velocidrone simulator, but now It seems like input lags quite a bit, and either is stepped instead of smooth or arrives in chunks instead of a steady stream. It's not usable as a joystick for now.

Do any of you know what (if anything) has been changed between the latest 2.1.x versions and 2.2 RC10 in regards to usb or joystick mode?
Or is there something I have forgotten to do on the pc side after updating the tx that can cause this behaviour?

Mistale

Re: openTx 2.2 RC10, problems with joystick lag(?)

Post by Mistale »

Update: Downgraded transmitter to firmware 2.1.9, and all is well again. So there's absolutely something different about either usb in general or joystick mode in 2.2 RC10 which is causing my simulator issues.
Gunnergolly

Re: openTx 2.2 RC10, problems with joystick lag(?)

Post by Gunnergolly »

Just tried my Next helicopter simulator and as soon as i plug in the USB plug it causes my Tx (X9E) to lock up.

The simulator is not seeing the inputs from my transmitter so there is a problem with the USB side of things using RC10.

Return to “openTx”