Orange Module running MULTI protocol

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Orange Module running MULTI protocol

Post by MikeB »

Yes to setting AETR as the channel order, I'll double check with an Orange receiver in a while.
If you have some telemetry, then you should see the firmware revision on the protocol screen (beside BIND -> (1.1.6.22)).
If so, then set the "Type" to "AUTO", then bind. You should get the correct settings returned and set by the bind operation.

The "Rate" setting is just how frequently the radio sends control information to the module, leaving that at 7mS is fine (minimum latency).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, in this case the module can only be used with DSM/X receivers? Maybe it would be worth it to change the default order in the code to match the Spektrum channel order?
Can this module after being flashed also work with a PPM input, or only serial?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The following protocols are available, since they use the CYRF6936 chip:
DEVO_CYRF6936
DSM_CYRF6936
J6PRO_CYRF6936
WK2x01_CYRF6936

SInce with er9x/ersky9x/openTx you may well have "AETR" set as the default order for new models, you would then need to change it specifically for this module.
Since the module doesn't have the encoder to select a protocol (4 are available), PPM is not available.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike.
In that case, if using Er9x / Ersky9x, or even OpenTX, the best would be the module default to RETA in my opinion.. That is the default on both.. ;)
But you can put whatever you need.. My Multi modules for example default to AETR. Just didn't bother changing :)
The main protocol I use (frsky) doesn't convert the channel order.. It is the same as the radio.. Only some of my little quads need the conversion.. In that case I use AETR.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

MikeB wrote:Yes to setting AETR as the channel order, I'll double check with an Orange receiver in a while.
If you have some telemetry, then you should see the firmware revision on the protocol screen (beside BIND -> (1.1.6.22)).
If so, then set the "Type" to "AUTO", then bind. You should get the correct settings returned and set by the bind operation.

The "Rate" setting is just how frequently the radio sends control information to the module, leaving that at 7mS is fine (minimum latency).

Mike.
Tonight I'll do a detailed test and report. Had 10 min this morning and observed this.
If I change the rx # I have to rebind the receiver. This tells me the tx multi is talking to the module.
I do see a returned rssi that changes when I move or cradle the tiny plane. It also freezes when I pull the lipo and goes to 0 as mentioned.
However I don't see the fw display next to the bind. I tried as you suggested, a maint screen orange fw update and it returns failed?
This may and I'll recheck, the same condition I had with the first orange module flash I set aside. I don't know if I could bind it but will revisit it all tonight.

As for this newly updated module.
Being super cautious and doing it exactly per your instructions mike, and using a 4 aa cell pack to power the module regulator during the flashing steps, all the led blinking and screen progress bars were as predicted.
I then did reinstall the board in the module case to prevent any pin mismatch.
I tried Auto Bind but didn't see a difference.

AETR setting tonight.

A quick screen shot this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Between appointments I went by the house to try a few quick settings.
Set radio and mixes to EATR and 1st ch to 1 and rebound to a new rec#. Once bound elev, throttle, and rudder worked. However Ail moved once and then stopped. It then did a twitch or nothing after that. I'm binding in dsmx-22ms.
This Ail condition is reminiscent of the first modules that had a bad fw in them. This module is the newer replacement they sent me.
I do see rssi and verified it does vary when shielding the plane or disconnecting the lipo.
All programming is done via the pro menu screens, not any module buttons. No display of orange multi fw version in the protocol screen and again, trying a Maint mode orange blue .bin update returns a failure.
I verified and will again that the added telemetry wire from the now isolated corner pin 2 is correct to the lower pin 5 of the module connector.
I'm thinking tonight, should I disconnect this wire to verify it is sending actual rssi to the pro? If so and it is. Is this wire, shouldn't that verify no damage has been done?

Sorry for the constant drain on your brain Mike and others. Reminds me of a simple plumbing fix that just won't stop ha ha.
Somewhere I have one more new but older blue board module left to try. Then I do have the HK beta modules with the back coax antenna connector to try.
Good news is I'm going thru stored parts that were never going to be used in their present condition.
Any screen pictures needed? Just tell me the ones needed.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Make sure you have set "Autobind" to "N", I see it as "Y" in your last screen.

On the "DEBUG" screen, please check the number at the bottom right is 0702.

Please confirm you used the file(s) from "MultiOrangeP1_1_6_22.zip" from the first post to flash to your module(s). These are .hex files, sp you do need to select the type HEX when in maintenance mode and updating the Multi module.

If the module won't flash, try powering on in maintenance mode while holding the bind button on the module pressed, yes you do need 3 or 4 hands to do that! Having the bind button pressed forces the module to stay in the bootloader.
[If you have trouble doing that, try powering on the radio normally, but with the bind button pressed on the module. Then, on the radio go to the "RADIO SETUP" menu and select "GENERAL". The last item is "Run Maintenance", press MENU LONG, then release the MENU button. You should get to maintenance mode with the module in bootloader mode. I just checked by doing that, it did fail at the first attempt, but the second attempt flashed the module OK.]

Odd you are seeing RSSI, but not the firmware revision, unless you didn't use the files I referred to above. I've just tested using an Orange R615X with short range telemetry unit and I see both RSSI and the firmware revision.

You said you set to EATR, did you mean AETR? If you have EATR please change to AETR with 1st channel as 1.

Did you try binding using the "AUTO" type?

As an aside, if you are receiving RSSI, you may be getting some other telemetry. From the main screen, go to the telemetry displays. Cycle through them and you should see a DSM specific screen (A--B--L--R--F--H on the bottom line). Any value on RxV?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm back at it and I see it's getting late for you Mike.
Almost noon here in LA.
I'm going over your last notes and haven't done any connections yet.
Checking my pro firmware folder I had loaded a Multi orange blue.bin file, it a hex file. I now have the MultiOrangeBlue.hex file from the P1 1 6 22 zip in the pro firmware folder. In the Maint mode I've set the default to hex.
Do I now repeat the flash update using the Maint mode update Xmega and .hex file. Do I also want to connect the module to clk (p5) data (p1) and ground (p4) on the pro and power the module externally via (P3) as before?

I haven't tried any of your other suggestions but also haven't made any fw update attempts so I still can.
Originally I used the MultiOrangeBlue.bin file only as the update PDF listed.

Where I am. Umx pits bnf.

I set autobind to off, rebound with 1st ch 1. This gives me rud, el, and throttle today? Ail moves once with stick, then goes random on its own or not at all.
The debug page telrxcount shows left #'s counting up in hex. The right 0502.

Rssi does seem to vary from a 30 to 16 if I shield or move the plane away.

I'm ready to try the MultiOrangeBlue.hex once the connections are verified.
I also haven't tried doing anything yet involving holding the modules back button yet.
I wanted to see if a new fw flash attempt should just be done first.

What I haven't tried is a real dsmx non umx receiver. That may help but the umx is the reason for flashing.

Update on using auto
I set the protocol to Auto and it did bind after -5 sec. It now display dsmx-22 where it did say auto.

The autobind is set to N as you requested.
Still no ail ch control with this setup.

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'll stack these posts so you can answer answer separately.
The fact that I haven't tried the .hex file flash and I'm not seeing displayed values your expecting, I'm on hold and being cautious until I get the go ahead to do it and how.

I'm concerned it could also be the pro?
I do have a IRangeX Multi module that works with the umx plane ok using my Qx7 and otx2.2.
Will it work in the pro now that Multi ersky9x has been loaded, at least for verifying the pro is ok?

That and as mentioned, I could use a Spektrum 6ch receiver in place of the umx to verify 4 ch's do work as well as their widths.
No telemetry however I think in most receivers.
I'm just trying to verify all the pieces are working and I'm just not getting them in other.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, you do need to flash with the (blue, hex) file from "MultiOrangeP1_1_6_22.zip".
The reason why you are having trouble flashing is you have the older application flashed. This doesn't recognise the attempt to flash and drop out to the bootloader.

So, please flash the 1.1.6.22 hex file. This may still be done using the "Update Multi" option, but you MUST power on with the bind button on the module pressed to force the bootloader in the module to stay running.
Power on holding the bind button pressed and the horizontal trims held apart.
Now, in maintenance mode, select "Update Multi".
On the next screen you will need to change from BIN to HEX, this setting is not saved in EEPROM, then select the Update option.
Choose the "MultiOrangeBlue.hex" file, then confirm the update, it should work.
With this version flashed, future updates should work without needing to hold the bind button. You should also see the firmware revision displayed.

We will take things on from there.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I can't thank you enough Mike for hanging in there with me.
I see it could be midnight at your location so that's even more dedication!

Ok, got the idea.
I used the wrong/older zip file and PDF instructions.
Yes, on changing bin to hex in the fkash menu.
I deleted the .bin file from my pro sd card earlier.

Great that I don't have to resolder wires on god module to do this.

I'll know within the hour how it goes.
Don't wait up ha ha.

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Getting closer.
The hex flash was a success, no error warning.
I see the fw bee now on the bind line.

I see this on the debug screen. The left side is counting up, the right side is not.

I still don't have Ail control.
Ch order set in mixer.

Radio controls screen

I still see s rssi that seems to vary as I move the plane away.

Telemetry screen

RTC is showing correct date and time.
I did have to set the time to DST but the date and year are correct from not being used in months. The coin battery seems to be ok still.

I'm just updating this post as I go they your prior things to check.

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I just tried a orange dsmx receiver I have and using AETR as Jhsa and you suggested Mike, the 4 servos act normally. No rssi as expected however.
I think HK sent us a rx that had rssi but it's in with all my other ones?
In any case, I've just forced a bind in dsmx-22 and dsm2-22 to this HK receiver. In each case the bind led before bind with the protocol changed was blinking and after a bind all was ok and working normally. I even changed the rx # in the and it bound ok again.
It would appear that only the umx receiver Ail ch is unhappy now.

Would this imply I've done it but the umx receiver is unhappy?
I still haven't seen all the values you're expecting.
All this is not critical, I've learned so much already.
Btw, my ftdi programmer showed up at last today. I'm happy that I was able to use my uno board without it. Learned a lot right there.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

In the mixer, on channel 1 for the AIL, you have a "D" at the right. This means you have a delay value set on that mix.
I suggest deleting that mix and then adding a new one so that anything else in the mix that shouldn't be there is removed.

On the DEBUG screen, you have 0502 at the bottom right. This means you have set the "Usr Proto" in the Telemetry menu to "DSM". This is perfectly OK as that is what you are using. If you have it set to "FRSKY", then you would see 0702, which indicates "MULTI" (the 07) with "DSM" (the 02) having been derived from the protocol settings.

Having sorted the AIL mix, I suggest binding once more to the UMX, using AUTO as the type. The required settings (DSM2/X, 22/11mS and number of channels) should be created automatically as part of the bind process.

We have an addon unit from HK (short range telemetry) that provided telemetry for the HK Rx.

I don't have a UMX to be able to do any testing.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks so much Mike. The debug screen # makes sense to me now. If I'd have stayed the flysky mode you started with, I would have seen the 702 from what I'm reading. That right # changes with protocol, got it!
The left #'s counting up in assuming is normal if the receiver is sending data back?

I'll try the flysky mode again to verify the original attempts for my notes.

I wondered what that D was for? No idea how that got set? So many speed bumps for you to sort out, sorry!

Yes to starting fresh with a new mix memory setup.

Can we assume I've actually flashed and close to having a working multi orange module with telemetry?
My pin 2 mcu to module pin 5 mod being ok if I was able to flash the new hex file using the loaded bootloader?

I'm going to do my own notes listing the exact steps and files I used with reference to blue or green board.
Basically your PDF with updated references to hex vs bin, newest zip folder and files to use as you've helped me sort out, and how to use the uno if you have one to flash the pro mini.

The 5v Pmini worked fine as you predicted when powered by the VCC pin and modules 3.3v VCC buss. You also verified a 3,3v pro mini will work. Jshs'a comment on the 5v being more universal makes sense now.
Users choice.
My ftdi programmer arrived too late to try in this module in place of my uno.
If I do another orange multi attempt I'll try it. For now its available for other projects.

I'll look for the telemetry add on HK sent us? Can't remember what it looked like now.
Just got up so coffee and then to the bench.

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Yes!
Ok, I tried a new model men setup and that worked with the umx ok, all channels.
I then went back to the original memory now that I know what the D was telling me. At the bottom of the menu options I saw delay up 0, down 10.
As always Mike you solved it. No idea how that D got there and I've never used that function but know it's available.

Certainly to your how to PDF, adding start with a new clean mix memory will help avoid my situation. I should have known better and have given that advice in the past, but failed to take it myself this time. Another self inflicted speed bump!

Now while it's all working, ( had to INV Ail), I looked at the debug screen and saw the 0502. I then set the protocol to flysky and telemetry to frsky and see 0700.
I then tried a bind to my umx plane using dsm and selecting AUTO and hit bind. After 10-15 seconds I saw the protocol screen display dsmx-22 and the plane bound and was working as expected.

The telemetry return from this little planes rssi is 26 at 1 foot away.

No idea of the scale good/bad #'s, but that's next.
On my Qx7 otx2.2 I get a 60 range and a lot of critical voice warnings. I put that audio on a pot and turn it almost off. The range on this builtin rssi is short from posts and I've had no link losses at acceptable distances.
I will test fly this module after a comparison loss of control range test vs the 4 in 1.
I'll fly over brush to cushion and crash. Got to fully commit to the success of this setup and umx planes as my contribution to the orange umx project.

If all this to you seems like I've been successful, I'll look for my last stock "working" orange module and will update it soon. It's somewhere safe ha ha.
Thank you again for your patience and help.
I hope to demo this working module to the 9x and pro owners at my club field.
Hopefully some with my help now can upgrade theirs or I'll just assist.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Well done! Good it is all working. I have an Atmel AVRISP-II programmer that does PDI directly, so I got Multi working with that originally.
The 9X with er9x supports Multi fully.

I've attached a .zip file that contains "Multi.txt" and "HelpTel.txt". Please put both of these into the root directory of your SD card.
Multi.txt is read at power on, and provides all the latest options for the Multi protocol. This adjusts the displayed options to match any changes to the Multi module without me needing to produce a new revision of ersky9x.
HelpTel.txt is used by a feature of ersky9x. Suppose you are editing a voice alert. On the "Source" selection, press MENU LONG. You get an array of the available options that is easier to navigate to the one you want. On the bottom line of the display, some text is displayed as a description of the item, if available. This text is fetched from the HelpTel.txt file. There are a number of places where this selection method works, e.g. a mix source (unless one of the sticks is the current source), and a logical switch function.

Max RSSI is 31. The RSSI warning and critical levels are adjusted to lower values when using DSM telemetry, but you may want to set them as a result of range testing. Using Multi, range testing uses a much lower power. Multi sets the chip output power to +4dBm normally (boosted by the external amp.), and -30dBm for range check.

Mike.
Attachments
Multi.zip
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Will do Mike.
Sorry for the bumpy ride, but hopefully those following my successes and failures will benefit form them.
I'll add that that your advice of reinstalling the board in the module case, had I done that, would have saved the first module damage when I tested it after flashing.

The second module was damaged when from memory, I missed the step where you can't connect the modules 3.3v VCC pad to the pro's tx #3 module bay pin. You have a warning and I knew the min I messed up but electrons travel after then oh oh!

After paying attention to details and your warnings, and using the newest zip file with the, in my case, multi orange blue .hex file, the flash was successful.
Then using a new unused mix memory, success!

I'll add these new files to my sd card root and see what changes before and after.
Then that will go in my notes.

May I suggest Mike, that a new post be added at the first posts that only contains the files and instructions you had me use to succeed this time.
Basically for those of us that need more direction.

Your steps and files to use, as well as values to see or go for, worked and made sense as you explained them.

Range test next.
Probably a test flight tomorrow if that goes well. Ok on the rssi 31. Yes to setting a los value after testing.
Ok on the lower range test mode power.
The lower tx power of the umx receiver isn't of much use as it fails in a short distance but not the link from my Qx7 and 4 in 1 flights
I tried 3 Spektrum receivers , one new and 3 orange ones I have but no rssi. Only the umx bnf.

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

When you wake up and read this!
Success again! I connected the HK dsmx telemetry accessory module to all my orange and Spektrum dsmx receivers and I see rssi.
I also added the files to my pro sd root and see what you said I would see in voice alert source.
I'll revisit that but it seems to be correct.
Not much left but a range test in low vs high power and then some test flights on this bnf Pitts.
The main reason for all this.
Yea!

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

2 test flights on my umx Pitts biplane today with the newly fw updated orange module, and it was perfect! Thanks to Mikes work and being patient with me as I struggled.
I got a rssi reading as well with 31 at the highest and maybe 11 as the lowest. I'll
Pay more attention to that next time.
100 deg today, ugh!
I flew the plane as high and as far out as practical for line of sight, and no link or control issues.
This upgrade is well worth the effort.
I'm using the now multi orange fw module on my 9xr Pro.
As time permits, I'll try it and the latest esky9x fw on my 9Xtreme th9x conversion and the two Skyboard 9x conversions.
Before the fw conversion I couldn't use the orange module with my umx plane or see any rssi telemetry!
Yea!

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Well done.. It's nice to see things working at the end.. :)

João

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Probably worth enabling logging for a couple of flights, then you will be able to see how the RSSI value changed during the entire flight.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Wow Mike, that was my next question as I haven't used logging much in the past.
Hopefully others using this module and mod, will report rssi values returned for various receiver setups.
In any case, no loss of control what ever the low value was.
Logging will be turned on now.

To be clear, due to the RF deck in the orange module, what protocols if other than Spektrum are compatible?
I see so many choices in the updated multi ersk9x fw but I'm assuming a compatible RF deck must be in the module used?

For now,this mod is doing exactly what is should do now, fully support the umx bnf planes in a 9XR Pro or other ersky9x compatible tx.

A quick comment on the latest ersky9x. I have to say after using it again. I do feel it's better organized menu wise than the "other option".
I found by simple "poking and selecting" menu options I was able to find all the settings I needed.
That and I saw that it still has templates for planes in it.
A lot to check out!

What I did see going by, was the how hi altimeter sensor that's been discontinued, but I still have several.
Seeing ersky9x still supports it, I plan to put them into service again.
I'm assuming a D receiver or X with a analog data port receiver will work.
I'll of course need a stock Dht or Xjt module.

I can further explore this in I guess in the ersky9x thread?
Just wanted it out there.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

ShowMaster wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:12 pm
I'll of course need a stock Dht or Xjt module.
Have you considered the multiprotocol module?
After you flash Mike's special bootloader for this module using a FTDI adapter, you will also be able to update it using Ersky9x. :) I have 2 of them installed internally in two of my radios..

The one linked below is the STM32 version, and it can have all the protocols at once unlike the AVR version..

https://www.banggood.com/2_4G-CC2500-NR ... mds=search

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I have this version I've been using with my Qx7.
https://m.banggood.com/IRangeX-IRX4-2_4 ... mds=search

This one has no external selector switches or push button?

I saw a good review of it and ordered it before I saw Mikes orange multi upgrade.
The reason I'm interested is because I had 4 orange ones, 2 free replacements for the original defective ones. They were of no use to me the way they are. Sadly I trashed the first 2 during the flash learning process, but # 3 is perfect and totally usable now for Spektrum applications.
Having other 9x conversions, I'll flash # 4 now that I got it figured out.
Maybe even repair # 1 later.

Finally and what got this all going if you missed the early on posts, I have a flying friend with a 9XR Pro that bought a recent orange module (no dip switches?) like mine, to fly umx receiver bnf planes only to find out it won't! Throttle ch doesn't work and no rssi telemetry to his pro due to ppm only interface.
I'll loan him my pro now and if he's happy with it and my modified orange module, I'll attempt a multi module fw upgrade and ersky9x upgrade for him.
He already owns the module and pro, so no added expense except for maybe a burger and fries and some RC lunch talk.
Even free workers need to eat lunch. It used to be a bottle of $2 chuck cab wine, but I've gone to $10+ now.

It's more about the adventure and education for me, same I'm sure for all of us doing all this. A hobby in itself.

Besides, I like trading the $300+ Spektrum owners with my setups that they can't match!
Also part of the fun, the look on their face when I show them all the features they can only dream of.

Locally I was able to buy 3.3v and 5v ($4.5 ea)pro mini Arduino's, probably knockoffs.
I used the 5 volt version and it did work well.
I also picked up a Arduino Nano that has the ftdi USB interface on the board (5v).
I haven't tried it, but I'm assuming after flashing it via the USB interface, I use it just like the pro mini connection wise?

My ftdi showed up a few days ago lost in shipping, but as I reported, I impressed and used a uno to program my pro mini. Thanks of course to some utube videos, my best education tool besides these forum threads. Not many I fly with or know, have a clue to all this to help.
Even the new drone flyers are pretty much plug and play now unlike early on.

As always Jhsa, thanks for your help over the years also.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Showmaster, I thank you for all you do for our hobby.. When you decide to do something, you just do it, and nothing gets in the way :D :mrgreen:

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I have run into one flash issue trying to flash another module Mike.
The pro mini connection to the bootloader went well, got 1 flash per second.
I'm at the stage of connecting data, clk, and ground to the modules data, clk, and ground pads from the 9xr Pro to do the update Xmega step.
Only the 3 connections!

I'm being careful this time of only powering the module pin 3 with an external 6v AA pack!
The original PDF says to use the multiOrange.bin file loaded on the sd card and the update Xmega option in the maintenance screen.
However you changed that advice after I used it early on and it was wrong. You said to use the .hex version (blue) and update multi. Powering up by holding the module button and tabs.

This was to force the loaded bootloader on and then use the .hex file and update multi.
That worked.
This time I'm using the update Xmega but it doesn't see the .hex file, only .bin files?
If I select update multi I do have a choice of .bin or .hex and there I see the MultiOrange.hex file still on the sd card. I deleted the .bin file earlier.

So my issue is update Xmega doesn't show any .hex files, only .bin
I've put this last step on hold until you can sort out what I'm missing?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Once you have the bootloader on the module, you should be able to flash the Multi code just by plugging the module into the 'PRO normally.
You then use "Update Multi", not "Update XMEGA".

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I was using the PDF steps as I said.
I'll modify them to say "after a successful pro mini bootloader flash, the led blinking once per second, use the proper color board multi .hex file and the update multi option"
I'll add notes referencing the newer Pdi and hex zip files.

When will the update Xmega option be used?
It wants ,bin files?

It's 4:20A here so I'll give it a try in 6 hours.
I'm all setup to do it after one last check of the connections.
This is the board in the black beta case (blue).
I'm hoping to use the internal Pro handle antenna since it's there.

The processor as I read it is a 32D4.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You only need the "Update Xmega" option when you don't have the bootloader on the module and you connect the signals directly from the 'PRO to the PDI programming pads on the module.
I have one of those modules working using the internal antenna on the 'PRO.

The following protocols are supported:
DEVO (Deviation?)
DSM
J6PRO
WK2x01 (Walkera?)

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “RF MODULES”