MFX600J Module

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
AndyW

MFX600J Module

Post by AndyW »

I have this Tx module, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... dule_.html

and am trying to get it to run this, micro Rx/servo combo
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=18821

I have all the switches in the Tx module set at off. I have the stick mode set at 3, for rudder and elevator driven by the left hand stick for an airplane with no ailerons. That part works great.

The problem is, the rudder drives the brushless motor and the throttle drives a servo plugged into either of the servo outputs.

No combination of stick mode on the Tx and switches at the back of the module can correct this.

I have spent several hours and am stumped.

FYI, I'm pretty much a Newbie with electrics.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: MFX600J Module

Post by Rob Thomson »

The order of your mixes is wrong.

Check / run over the guides on how to use your mixer screen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
AndyW

Post by AndyW »

Rob,

Thanks for the answer but I started in RC when analog proportional was being challenged by that newfangled digital proportional and many of us were flying Galloping Ghost systems. I got my first, four channel system called a Citizenship Radio Systems. It used a slider, WIRE WOUND pot. Without warning, the wire wore through and bye bye airplane.

I'm mostly an engine man, using .049 and .06 engines,,, I always loved the small stuff and have made attempts to throttle the Cox TD .010

I'm not afraid solder and tinker, in fact, I was the first in the area to clean pots and reverse servos within the servo itself. I've repaired many a local Tx, Rx and servo in the early days. Inspecting for an obviously burned out component can make a guy look like a genius.

But, like setting up a VCR to record later, I don't find programing radios, mixing etc. intuitive, especially when no manual comes with the radio and you have multiple manual choices that are translations from another language.

Where can I find guides on how to use my mixer screen. I have several different brands of discrete micro receivers and none of them have the rudder and throttle function flipped around.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

What firmware are you using? And what radio?

Assuming opentx/er9x?

If so.. Use the links on the right of this site :)

...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
AndyW

Post by AndyW »

I have the 9X from HobbyKing with V2 firmware, just as it comes. Sorry, didn't mention that at the get go.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

9x of 9xr?

If the 9x, the I would think you will not be able to change the channel order. It runs a rather limited operating system.

But you could reflash it with opentx or er9x. That would help!

AndyW

Post by AndyW »

There's the rub. I don't know what reflash means or how to do it.

But thanks anyway, I appreciate your effort to help.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

This guy sells a bolt in programming board, so no soldering required.
http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=331

There are also instructions for downloading and running Eepe here:
http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _life_easy

Eepe is a program that you can use with the above programmer board to "reflash" your radio.
-Gohst
AndyW

Post by AndyW »

Thanks Gohst,

I guess if I want to do some indoor flying this winter, I better get busy. You know, we had a local guy here, German, with a heavy accent. Some 30 years ago, Heathkit offered a radio system.

Henry installed switches in his transmitter to reverse servos. We thought that was a bit eccentric, we were doing reversing by diving into the servo and flipping the wires around at the pot and the motor.

My how times have changed, wish he was still with us to see what's going on today.

Thanks again,

and thanks Rob for getting the ball rolling.
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

I believe on the super micro systems you have to first set the switches to match the reciever/brick you are using. Then set up the transmitter. You may be limited by the stock tx firmware in terms of modes.

Return to “RF MODULES”