FlySky TH9X - what lightweight receifer?

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
kalandar

FlySky TH9X - what lightweight receifer?

Post by kalandar »

I have a original FlySky TH9X radio controll and I'm searching for a lightweight receifer (below 5 g). Is there anything compatible?

hart

Re: FlySky TH9X - what lightweight receifer?

Post by hart »

kalandar wrote:I have a original FlySky TH9X radio controll and I'm searching for a lightweight receifer (below 5 g). Is there anything compatible?
http://www.giantshark.co.uk/flysky-24gh ... 06153.html

This is the smallest rx that I am aware of. The page says 25g, but I cant see how it weighs that much - must be with packaging. Also, you could remove the plastic housing and de-solder the un-needed channel pins if you were desperate. :)
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

The standard 3CH receiver is 6.0 g and only 3.8 g with housing removed

Reinhard
dvogonen

Re: Sv: FlySky TH9X - what lightweight receifer?

Post by dvogonen »

I lost two planes due to radio link loss when I used the 3 channel receiver, so I would not recommend using it for anything but ground stuff.
Spoogy

Post by Spoogy »

Last summer I flied HobbyKing TekSumo EPP plane with 3ch receiver as far as I could see it (at least 300m high and 100m maybe more away). Also last summer I had 3ch receiver in my Multiplex FunJet. Plane is small but pretty damn cool fast and can fly relatively far. I did not have any problems with those. But at this summer I used 3 channel receiver (HK version of it) with Skywalker Falcon flying EPO wing, which is bigger than TekSumo. Telemetry told me that plane was at around 400 meters high and about 50-100 meters away when I lost the connection for a while. Also I did lost connection for a second with my FunJet, so I decided not to use those receivers anymore on any planes which would go further than >300-400 meters. I still use that 3ch receiver on my FIK-100 which is EPP plane without ailerons (normally those are hand thrown gliders but I have electric powered it). Works on that plane pretty good without the problems. Altough on this plane I have that FlySky version of that receiver which is exact the same what I used on TekSumo. Other ones had that HK version of it, so I cannot be sure is the link problem with only those ones....
What goes up, must come down. -Isaac Newton
OpenTX - expanding possibilities

rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

I've flown my Radian to the limit of my vision with the 3 Ch. (OK, I'm old my vision is not what it used to be, but still....)
Never a hick up. YMMV

Can't say the same thing for fluing it with my AR6100.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

Return to “RF MODULES”