DM9 problem in the 9X

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
iflyj3

DM9 problem in the 9X

Post by iflyj3 »

A word of caution. I have a Turnigy 9X and a FlySky 9X. I use the Orange RF deck and the FlYSky RF deck with no problems. I plugged in a Spektrum JR DM9 RF deck and bound it to the receiver. I noticed that intermittently the system would quit working. I was lucky to notice the LED on the RF deck was going on and off. What was happening is the male contacts from the transmitter are too short to properly make contact with the socket in the DM9 module. I could wiggle the RF deck and make it work and fail. The male pins are about 3/16 inch too short for the DM9 module. I have longer pins in stock and I will replace the ones in the transmitter to solve the problem.

If this failure happened while you are flying, it could ruin your whole day.

gohsthb

Re: DM9 problem in the 9X

Post by gohsthb »

Actually the pins in the 9x are thinner. If you slightly bend the pins to one side they will make contact.
-Gohst
iflyj3

Re: DM9 problem in the 9X

Post by iflyj3 »

gohsthb wrote:Actually the pins in the 9x are thinner. If you slightly bend the pins to one side they will make contact.
-Gohst
My calipers measure the pins to be .025 inches square, the same as other transmitters. You may get by, by bending the pins as you say, but the connection will be unreliable. The pins are too short to make it up in the female connector to where the pressure part makes contact.

Return to “RF MODULES”