HK 3 axis stabilizer

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
seawitch43

HK 3 axis stabilizer

Post by seawitch43 »

I have installed a HK 3 axis stabilizer and want to control the off/on with the gear switch. As it is now the stabilizer is on and running continuously when the battery is connected. I have the AUX port on the stabilizer hooked up to CH5 on the TX but it doesn't control the stabilizer. I have CH 5 configured as follows:

SOURCE CH5
Weight 100%
Offset 0
FlModetrim OFF
Trim ON
Curves ---
Switch GEA
Warning OFF
Multpx Add
Delay Down 0
Delay Up 0
Slow Down 0
Slow Up 0

Any help would be appreciated.

jhsa

Re: HK 3 axis stabilizer

Post by jhsa »

I'm assuming you're using er9x

Change SOURCE to HALF instead of CH5
Also set the trim to off
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I had to flip the Gyro switch on the 3-axis unit to get it to respond to the gear channel.

Here's something from the HK site:
To make the Aux work, ensure the DIP switch marked AUX GYO CTRL is in the LEFT position. Then select a channel on your TX and asign a switch to it. Set the end points of that channel to -100/ 100% for the switch on and off position respectively.

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTj2YN801S4
seawitch43

Post by seawitch43 »

Yes I'm using a Turnigy er9x Transmitter
seawitch43

Post by seawitch43 »

Thanks for the video link...I tried reversing the aux channel and it didn't work. I'm thinking I'm not setting the er9x correctly

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You may want to plug a servo to that receiver channel first and check it moves with the switch. You'll know soon if the problem is radio setup or stabilizer not working.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

How do you know it didn't work? If the gain is turned down, switching may not show any effect. With the gain turned up, the difference is obvious.

You said "reversing the aux channel". You do mean CH5 don't you? But reversing doesn't really help. The switch should turn on the stabilizer one way, and turn it off the other.

As Kilrah says, make sure the output from CH5 is actually +100%/-100% by plugging in a servo.
seawitch43

Post by seawitch43 »

I've really messed up now. I downloaded and installed the latest version of eepe and flashed to computer without saving the plane set ups. I've reentered the plane set ups and the simulator on the computer shows all controls working normally. I copy the set ups to the transmitter and when I check the value bars on the main screen the controls are way off. The ail, ele, rud are totally off to one side so when you move the stick it has to go beyond center to move in the opposite direction. The same thing happens to the plane. The good news is the gear switch now shuts off the stabilizer.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Sounds like you forgot to calibrate the sticks.
seawitch43

Post by seawitch43 »

You are correct about the calibration. Did that and all is well. the GEA switch now turns off/on the stabilizer. Thanks for the help all of you.

Return to “Template Library”