Q Bot micro quad

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
daklein

Q Bot micro quad

Post by daklein »

Template that works, and has a couple 'real RC heli' features:

Set up with sticky throttle hold and 'idle up mode' switch, like for a CP heli. This is so that you don't chop collective/throttle when crashing to kill the props. Instead pull THR. Otherwise, flying it only a couple times may break your good habit of hitting throttle hold when in trouble, and then your collective pitch helis will be real sorry when you reach the bottom edge of the air with full negative collective. :o Already after a day or two of playing with the qbot, I'm already smashing blade nano down with full collective, good thing I didnt' fly any bigger CP's. Geez my brain is gullible.

After pulling throttle hold, need to reset out of idle up mode, (switch to ID0), turn off throttle hold obviously, AND close throttle / collective to bottom. After those conditions satisfied, raising throttle or turning on ID1 (idle up) will start the blades again.

Curve 2 is for idle up mode, could have it slightly run the props when switched to ID1. Set the first two points in the curve to -53 (for throttle trim centered). This runs the props at about the lowest speed, because of gyro drift or maybe how it initializes, it will try to tip over slightly until you correct with pitch / roll, or just take off fully. In the template posted, these are set lower, so it acts the same in either ID0 or ID1, because it's a little squirrelly and you need to pay attention. Also need to pay attention to pull throttle hold when shutting down or landing, if ID1 is on.

Acro mode is on the left top RUD d/r switch. Flips do work, at least starting from a hover, and it comes back pretty close to level hover.

This is for er9x, relatively recent r782 version. The template is setup assuming JR mode setting on the qbot add-on tx module.
Attachments
qbot.eepe
Qbot quad, Flysky/Anylink module set on JR mode (F/J/W led Red)
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 594 times

XMarine

Re: Q Bot micro quad

Post by XMarine »

Many thanks darklein.
This sounds like a well designed template.

I'm a relative noob to setting up my er9x but have done well so far with all the help that is available. One thing I noticed that I'm not to sure about is in the file descriptor, "Qbot quad, Flysky/Anylink module set on JR mode (F/J/W led Red)" and I only has a little time to read up on binding etc a few weeks back after purchase. If I recall I thought I wanted to have both LEDs green?, from what I read in RCG forums. Is the "Flysky/Anylink" module actually a totally different module than what comes with QBot?.
I'm sure it is something I just don't understand yet but thought I would ask before I started setting it up.

Many thanks for sharing..
X/BillyD..

Return to “Template Library”