Help needed with Turnigy 9x configuration with Phoenix

Programming your 9x using the stock firmware that comes with the radio. (Note. This is for the th9x, not the X9R)
ronniegogs

Help needed with Turnigy 9x configuration with Phoenix

Post by ronniegogs »

I am new to this hobby and started from absolute zero so I bought a transmitter Turnigy 9x and Phoenix simulator to learn flying.

Managed to hook up the transmitter and got it detected by the software after I desoldered and antenna and removed the module.After tinkering around with the settings I am now able to identify the 8 channels on the radio and can see the effect in the configuration software. I can change aux channel switches and see the effect of different switch like pitch trim in real time.

What I see is that all all switches and sticks change only one channel in the software. However the throttle changes 2 channels which are channel 3 and channel 6. Is this normal. Before the throttle was reversed and it moved in opposite direction after reversal both move in same direction.

Throttle at minimum
Problem2 by ronnie_gogs, on Flickr

Throttle max
Problem1 by ronnie_gogs, on Flickr

When reversed channel 3 and 6 move in opposite directions
Problem3 by ronnie_gogs, on Flickr

So is this normal. Does throttle take up 2 channels of the radio :?:

jhsa

Re: Help needed with Turnigy 9x configuration with Phoenix

Post by jhsa »

I'm guessing you have the stock firmware on the 9x.. Check you don't have any mixings active.. Try to set the radio in acro mode.. Don't know how to do it though as the only time I say the stock firmware was when I bought my radios to see if they worked.. then changed the firmware :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ronniegogs

Post by ronniegogs »

I thank you for the reply. Yes I am on stock firmware now. I bought the smartyparts board and backlit upgrade kit too but wanted to learn about the stock firmware before I move to different firmware to know the difference between the two and to realise what I gained with the upgrade. With no proper manual but lots of user created manuals its hard to figure out a lot of things on this remote without searching around a lot. Truly a DIY radio which I love.

Just found a manual for imax 9x manual which mentions something called throttle needle mixing. Pre- programmed mix that automatically moves an in-flight mixture of servo in response to throttle stick. Maybe this is the issue.
I will check on the mixes and get back to see if this resolved the issue.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I can see on a heli where throttle would control 2 channels. one for throttle and the other for pitch. Do you have a heli template loaded ?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

he has the stock fw and probably is in heli mode.. he needs to set the radio to plane mode..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

ronniegogs

Post by ronniegogs »

rperkins wrote:I can see on a heli where throttle would control 2 channels. one for throttle and the other for pitch. Do you have a heli template loaded ?
This helped me a lot... Yes its in heli mode and after reading up I found that for a collective pitch heli the throttle controls 2 channels for throttle and pitch with different channel for throttle hold.

Phoenix asks you to configure the transmitter in helicopter mode... Being the newbie I didn't know if this was normal or something was wrong.. Thanks for clearing my doubt :D

Return to “stock firmware (fly sky th9x)”