Help !!

Programming your 9x using the stock firmware that comes with the radio. (Note. This is for the th9x, not the X9R)
Schtuka

Help !!

Post by Schtuka »

Problem: TGY9X with eeprom error, I was programmed atmega with flash and eeprom from other device, after 5-10 min - eeprom error ......
Cam someone send me flash and eeprom for my device or any other solution, I have AVR SPI MKII programming device...

TNX, will buy U a barrel of beer for solution...

jhsa

Re: Help !!

Post by jhsa »

which flash (firmware) did you program and which eeprom did you program?
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Schtuka

Post by Schtuka »

I have download an "original" firmware and programmed atmega64a (flash+eeprom) with that firmware, and still get eeprom error... after that I have read same data from other device, after programming - factory reset, and after 5-10 min I get eeprom error.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Might be you have a problem with your power supply.
What battery do you use?
Can you measure the +5volt output of the voltage regulator on the main board?

Reinhard
Schtuka

Post by Schtuka »

ReSt wrote:Might be you have a problem with your power supply.
What battery do you use?
Can you measure the +5volt output of the voltage regulator on the main board?

Reinhard
+4,97V on 78L05 and same voltage on vcc of atmega...

ReSt

Post by ReSt »

So that is ok.

Reinhard
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

What mods? Good pictures of your board and soldered wires. Backlight mod?
More exact details please. This is not normal so everything must be suspect to find a fix.
SM
Schtuka

Post by Schtuka »

My problem is obviously in atmega64a, I have reflashed it with er9x firmware and after some time I get the same problem....
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What is the exact message you get on the display?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Schtuka

Post by Schtuka »

MikeB wrote:What is the exact message you get on the display?

Mike.
" Bad eeprom data" amd then formating...... with original firmware " eeprom error"
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

In er9x, that message only appears when the program starts, so it seems you Tx has re-booted and then found the problem.

We need to find out why your Tx re-booted. It may help if, when you have this problem and the "Bad eeprom data" alert appears, don't press any keys, but connect the programmer and read both the flash and the EEPROM, and post the files here. The may give some clues as to what is happening.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Schtuka

Post by Schtuka »

MikeB wrote:In er9x, that message only appears when the program starts, so it seems you Tx has re-booted and then found the problem.

We need to find out why your Tx re-booted. It may help if, when you have this problem and the "Bad eeprom data" alert appears, don't press any keys, but connect the programmer and read both the flash and the EEPROM, and post the files here. The may give some clues as to what is happening.

Mike.
Here are original flash and eeprom readed from my device with eeprom error, when I flash it with er9x firmware everything works fine, but after some time picture was splited, for example .. MENU line is on top mid on screen, and sometimes goes down mid,.... after on/of works fine, and sometimes device just reboot himself on stand by.
If you want, I can flash it with er9x and wait for bad eeprom data, then post it here.
Attachments
eeperror.hex
(5.64 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
flasherror.hex
(180.01 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, please do flash with er9x and post the read data when you have the bad EEPROM data message.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Schtuka

Post by Schtuka »

MikeB wrote:Yes, please do flash with er9x and post the read data when you have the bad EEPROM data message.

Mike.
here it is... now I don't have to wait for bad ee.... after few min was on display....
Attachments
er9xbadee.hex
(5.64 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
er9xbadfirmware.hex
(180.01 KiB) Downloaded 610 times
Schtuka

Post by Schtuka »

wow... now I get "EEPROM low mem .... press any key" I'm using stabilised regulated power supply, device consumption: 10v, 0.10 mA, vcc on atmega 4,97V, MKII programmer allso confirming vcc voltage data.....
Attachments
eelowmem.hex
(5.64 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm afraid I'm suspecting a bad processor. The first 64 bytes of the EEPROM contain control and directory information for the EEPROM file system.
Your eelowmem dump shows some of these locations now read as the data that was in locations addressed as 64 higher in the er9xbadee file.
THere are several possible ways this could happen, and it might be writing or reading the EEPROM that is the problem, or it might be the RAM is losing its contents. Someone else had a similar sort of problem before with the flash memory being incorrectly addressed.
The problem may be related to the processor warming up, after it has been on for a while. You could try leaving it off for a few minutes, then re-reading the EEPROM and see if it is the same as it was. This might help decide if it is a write or a read problem, but either way, the only fix is likely to be to replace the processor.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Schtuka

Post by Schtuka »

well m8, tnx for the answer, I have allrady made an order from a local store for atmega, but now I will try to replace xtal and two capacitors near xtal.... from experience I had on some device bad xtal is cause of the problem... I dont have osciloscope, right now , to see wth is going on .... will post the result.... tnx anyway to all !!!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

According to the circuits I have those two capacitors are 30pF, xtal is 16MHz.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Schtuka

Post by Schtuka »

I have change xtal and capacitors, reflash the device, for an hour device was ok, and then problem appears, first of all in background on lcd appears some random lines and dot's all over lcd-randomly. now device is rebooting all the time.... I will change atmega when it comes, and post te result..... tnx again !!!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

While it is going wrong, can you cool the processor? Maybe just use a damp finger on it, best is proper freezer spray. This can 'prove' it is a processor problem.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “stock firmware (fly sky th9x)”