How to use all switches with the Turnigy 9x stock firmware?

Programming your 9x using the stock firmware that comes with the radio. (Note. This is for the th9x, not the X9R)
simonech

How to use all switches with the Turnigy 9x stock firmware?

Post by simonech »

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my turnigy 9x with stock firmware to send 8 channels to the Ardupilotmega and I was trying to understand how it works.

In the configuration I can assign to the AUX channels, ch 5 to ch 9 from the output of the following switches and potentiometers:
  • GEAR (2 pos switch)
  • THRO HOLD (2 pos switch)
  • HOV THRO (pot)
  • PIT TRIM (pot)
  • HOV PIT (pot)

But I'd like to be able to use also the other switches because I only need one continuous channel, but I cannot find a way to assign the other switches available on the radio:
  • AIL (2 pos switch)
  • ELE (2 pos switch)
  • RUD (2 pos switch)
  • Flight mode (3 pos switch)
  • TRN (momentary switch)

Is there a way to do so? Or should I upgrade to a different firmware?

I'm pretty newbie on programmable RC TX... if they cannot be assigned, what are they used for? Or if this is very basic stuff I should know, can you please forward me to some site with explanations?

Thank you

Simone

Daedalus66

Re: How to use all switches with the Turnigy 9x stock firmwa

Post by Daedalus66 »

With stock firmware those switches are dedicated to the functions for which they are labelled. For example, Trn is the Trainer switch and Ail is aileron dual rate.

If you want more flexibility, that's what ER9x, Open9x, etc. are for. They allow any input to be assigned to any output.
simonech

Re: How to use all switches with the Turnigy 9x stock firmwa

Post by simonech »

Thank you.
Luckily after the holidays I got my programmer board in the mail, so now I can upgrade to Open9x :)

Return to “stock firmware (fly sky th9x)”