9XR PRO+XJT module - telemetry not work

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
samten

Re: 9XR PRO+XJT module - telemetry not work

Post by samten »

finally i get time to check and is a little problem.

on Debug i have calculate first value and second is 0000
its looks like good connect but I dont see any information from sensor. I use 2 sensor and both is connect to smart port. this sensor is: Smart Port RPM sensor and Smart Port Mini Lipo voltage sensor. When i connect all LEDs on sensor told me "connected to smart port and normal work".
I check bind Tx and Rx in D8 mode and D16. all time dont is that same, on my controller i see connect telemetry signal but dont see value from sensor. On my controller i display: T1, T2, Cvlt, Ctot, Cel2, RPM

Do you have any idea what i can do?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Do you see a value for RSSI?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
samten

Post by samten »

yes i see RSSI and Tx. That all value what i see
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

In D8 mode, the SPort sensors are not handled. What we have found is that in D8 mode you are receiving telemetry from the receiver (RSSI etc.) on the D8 telemetry connections. This also checks the COM2 connection inside the radio is OK.

I suspect the XJT has a fault with the SPort connection. Knowing COM2 is working, all I can now suggest is:
Protocol menu - Set to XJT and D16 and bind with the Rx in D16 mode.
Telemetry menu:
UsrProto - FrSky
Telem. Com Port - 2

Then connect the top pin of the SPort connector on the back of the XJT to the Rx signal on the cable to the Futaba socket (as you connected before.
With this configuration I still receive RSSI on my testing. If you don't get RSSI, then I think the XJT is faulty.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
samten

Post by samten »

Its WORK!!!

Mike you are great. Very thanks for help

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It should work without the cable to COM2.
Try changing the "Telem. Com Port" to 1 and see if it still works.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
samten

Post by samten »

it work too :) ... can you tell me why now work? setup is that same like on start?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't know why it now works and didn't before, it should have "just worked"!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Crashprone

Post by Crashprone »

Just as an addendum to this thread (thank you so much to all including MikeB, samten and João), I have a few relevant snippets to add:

i) I'm running a Turnigy 9xr Pro with a new XJT module (non EU firmware) .. I may well be the last die-hard doing this(?) .. but I have my reasons :)
ii) In order to ultimately gain access to the vario data provided by the new FrSky G-Rx6 glider Rx (non EU firmware), which has an on-board integrated altimeter, I upgraded my Mac to Companion 2.1.9 and reflashed Open Tx 2.1.9 (variant 217) firmware to the 9xr Pro.
iii) Restored model settings from a previously backed up settings file (Companion v2.0.19?) and downloaded that to the Tx and recalibrated the sticks.
iv) Selected XJT D16 channel protocol ('External RF - Mode') in the 'model setup' screen on the Tx, and went thru the usual 'bind' procedure, and the Rx came up working perfectly on all PWM servo channels. (I am not using any external sensor devices on the s.port Rx interface).
v) Went to 'Telemetry' screen for the model on the Tx, and selected 'FrSky S.port' and then selected 'Discover new sensors' and all the telemetry data then popped up varying appropriately, (incl vario altitude data), on that screen.

Note: I did not need to use the external XJT-to-Futaba-training-port cable. I gather the telemetry data is conveyed internally from the XJT module to the Tx over the pins in the module docking interface using the s.port protocol(?)

Hope all that helps others who may be treading the same pathway.

I am yet to figure out how to display exactly what I want on a customised screen and to also get audio vario working .. (that'll happen soon).

Cheers & Rgds

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”