Tarot retractable landing gear with taranis plus

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
gazza1965

Tarot retractable landing gear with taranis plus

Post by gazza1965 »

Looking to see if anyone can help.
I have a Tarot 650 sport with Taranis plus radio and X8R receiver tx/rx
I have set my reciever to 1-16 channels assigned chanel 9 to 3 position switch on radio but other than small pulse retracts do not function. The retract controller tl8x002 tells me P W M signal <1520us retracts will deploy >1520us retracts will retract. I am new to the taranis though I have found excellent information from both forums and youtube to set up all other function with my naza flight controller.
Can anyone help with what setting I should have on offsets and weight or if I am completely going in the wrong direction.
Very frustrated as quad is all good to go other than the rather necessary fact that the landing gear isn't.
Any help appreciated
Thanks Gary

bob195558

Re: Tarot retractable landing gear with taranis plus

Post by bob195558 »

If you are only using one X8R receiver and I believe then, you will need to plug your retracts servos
into one of the 8 channels of your X8R receiver.
I do not think you can use channel 9 if you are only using one 8 channel X8R receiver.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You can depending on the configuration, but we need more details about the onboard setup.
gazza1965

Post by gazza1965 »

Sorry for delay, been away. I have set the receiver as D16 with channels 9-16 on the receiver. I have channel 9 assigned to a 3 way switch and when switching the switch there is a definite pulse but no movement on the retracts. It is a new retract controller and both linear servos have worked . I know they should work at <1520 us and > 1520us on switching the switch anfpd checking readings on radio 988us abd 2000+ us which I would expect ti work but nothing. At a loss where to go now.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Try to assign a pot instead of a switch, see if it works, and if yes note the pulses the controller is happy with. Then put the switch back and adjust limits accordingly.

You do have "D16 channels 1-16" set on the radio, right?

gazza1965

Post by gazza1965 »

Thanks for the quick response, Yes I have D16 channels 1-16. I plugged a standard servo in channel 9 to check and it works fine. Will try assigning to a pot today and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again.
gazza1965

Post by gazza1965 »

No luck working on the pot. To confirm what I have setup.
I have gone into the mixer menu and set channel 9 to switch. On the servo menu up position 988Us on centre position 1500 and on down position 2012. All looks good. I take it I don't have to set up the input page?
I got success with one leg working but only once. Went down went up fine. Tried again nothing. The other leg receiving pulse but no movement. I am beginning to think they may be faulty but I have replaced tarot controller so may be wrong there. Nobody said it would be easy but......Ahhhhhhh

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”