FlySky FS-TH9X-B with er9x firmware LOCKDOWN!!!!

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
Quasimotoglez

Re: FlySky FS-TH9X-B with er9x firmware LOCKDOWN!!!!

Post by Quasimotoglez »

Hey, jhsa thanks men for remember me and SORRY for the other post or maybe a PM that I send, I really don't want to mess up this radio so here is...
Yes, I have everything ready to go, I already soldered the cables on the board with the plug to connect the UBSasp and I communicate with the radio via OpenTx like read firmware from radio and read model and setting and even have back-up the original file from it.
I have both OpenTx and eepe (both communicate with the radio) I feel comfortable with ether, but I have use OpenTx more.(for the FrSky radio)
I have the FlySky module that came with the radio FlySky FS-TH9x and also have a FrSky radio with the OpenTx.(latest software)
I have already have modified the trim switches that was causing the reboot(I don’t know if is a good thing before I even put the new software on it, I should have waited for any conflict, anyways is done…)
I’m not planning in doing any other modification to it other than updating the software (er9x for 128A)

HERE IS THE THING...
I have down loaded the ZIP file that mike suggested (reading in other posts) that contains a folder with
er9x-128B, er9x-128combi, opentx-9x128-en-2.0.17, optiboot_atmega128
Which one should I put? or if it no there , where can I get it?
This are screen shot of the setting I have (let me Know if they are OK)for OpenTx and eepe.(AVRDUDE config and preferences)
Attachments
opentx2.jpg
opentx.jpg
eepe2.jpg
eepe.jpg

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

For er9x on the '128, your best bet is probably this: download/file.php?id=11026, then extract er9x-128.hex and flash that. On the '128, this now includes the serial bootloader in the single hex file.

I think your settings are OK, but I don't use openTx/Companion on the 9X at all, always er9x/eepe.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I can see that you are really confused. Opentx works with companion which is what you have on your pictures, and Er9x works with eepe. Do not mix them or you might be in for bad surprises. :)
Optiboot is a bootloader, so forget about it.
If you want to flash er9x please do as Mike suggested above. If you want openTX use companion to download the right firmware with the right options for your radio. As I said I'm not familiar with openTX anymore so I'm not much of a help with it.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Quasimotoglez

Post by Quasimotoglez »

OK guys, BIG THANK for both of you, looks like you people don’t sleep much trying to solve most of everybody’s problem ( you guys do better job that the politicians)
I don’t know if you guys are married but mi wife was telling me” DO YOU HAVE A BETTER THING TO DO”
I said yes!!! Program this radio and go flying….
Btw… mike the radio when I press the next key or change page there is a very small lag, also what is the flashing bar on top left corner of the main menu.
Attachments
fs-th9x.JPG
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Not sure why you are seeing a small lag, maybe I'm used to the response so don't notice it.
The flashing bar indicates a change has been done to either the model or the general settings and hasn't yet been written to the EEPROM. They are not written immediately to reduce the number of writes to the EEPROM so it doesn't wear out.
If you do another change, the time delay to writing is re-started.

Basically, if the flashing bar is present, don't switch off!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

Buy a Smartieparts Extreme instead!

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”