PPM output too low on Turnigy9X/DM9

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
jonty

PPM output too low on Turnigy9X/DM9

Post by jonty »

Hello!

First post on these forums, so please excuse any mistakes I make with forum etiquette.

I have a Turnigy 9X with a Spektrum DM9 Jr TX in it, currently running er9x, but I've tried several firmwares to try and fix my issue. The receiver is an OrangeRX satellite, bound using a standard OrangeRX DSM2.

I recently picked up a tiny quadcopter that requires a PPM output over 2000 on the roll channel to arm before it will fly, it also runs the open source MultiWii software, so I can get live debug information from the 'copter.

No matter what I do, I can't get a PPM signal greater than 1996 out of any channel. Many people say that I need to set the travel limits to 125% (with extended limits enabled), but that doesn't seem to work for me - the TX screen will show the channel hitting 125%, but the MultiWii PPM debug screen still shows the channel topping out at 1996 as it passes the 100% mark.

I've spent hours bashing my head against this, and I can only think that I'm either not configuring the PPM settings for the DM9 correctly (currently 300 uSec, 22.5ms frame), or I need to do some jiggery-pokery when binding the thing.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated, I must be doing something stupid!

Thanks,
Jonty

Kilrah

Re: PPM output too low on Turnigy9X/DM9

Post by Kilrah »

From what has been posted by some users the DM9 requires 400us pulse and positive shift for stable operation.
thomas9x

Re: PPM output too low on Turnigy9X/DM9

Post by thomas9x »

MWC arming should occur if the throttle is <1100 *and* roll stick is >1900mS. If yours is not arming with roll at 1996mS then perhaps the ACC did not pass the calibration or the model is not perfectly level. Is the status LED off (pass/level-ok) when you try to arm, or is it slowly blinking (not level)?

Also, your config.h file must have the proper setup. The #define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_ROLL line must be un-commented:
This is correct for arming with Roll channel:
//#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW
#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_ROLL

This is wrong for Roll arm (will arm with yaw instead):
#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW
//#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_ROLL

- Thomas

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”