Looking for help on some programing

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
kaos

Looking for help on some programing

Post by kaos »

i have been flying my Q-bot micro for a while. Have to say this little booger is one of the best/most fun model I have. It can do just about everything a full scale quad can do acrobatically. It uses a HT8 module with T9x.
when flipping at straight front, back, sides it works perfectly whether it is stationary or in fast forward fly. I can fly this thing in the house any time and do acrobatics. So much fun with it. Highly recommended for every one who wants to have something they can fly any time, any where, indoor or outdoor. It can take quite a bit of wind too 15mph not an issue. If it crashes in the house and hits something in the house, it is so light, it won't do any damage either. ;) and it can be dipped in water for a while without any damage too. :lol:

It has one characteristic that I can't break through that is it does not like to be flipped at an angle. It takes a signal of +100 in ch5 to invoke a flip/roll which direction depends on the starting position of AIL (left /right) and ele (front /back flip).

I have it currently programmed as such:
ch5 R 100 Half sw3
ch5 R 100 Half sw4

sw3: |v|>ofs AIL 90 TRN
sw4: |v|>ofs ELE 90 TRN

so when TRN is on I push the AIL or ELE to +-90 to invoke a flip.
The question is q-bot micro does not like to flip at an angle, so if I push, say AIL, to the right it will do the right flip. but occasionally if I push the AIL to >90 while moved the ELE some what and invoke the flip, the q-bot seems to be confused and trying to flip at an angle and drop like a rock. What I am looking for is some programing when I invoke a flip with AIL it will lock up the ELE to 0 so a pure AIL > 90 input will be given and once TRN is released the ELE will resume to the current position. so is for the ELE flip. I think I can use two switches one for AIL, one for ELE to do this, but I have only one momentary switch-TRN.

here is a brain teaser for the nerds around here :mrgreen: and see if some one can come out with a fancy programing that will lock ELE while AIlL flip is invoked? and vise versa with only one momentary switch-TRN?
so it can tell when TRN is on and AIL is much greater than the minor movement of ELE, it will lock ELE at 0 and when AIL > 90 it gives out a signal at ch5 at +100. so is when TRN is on and ELE is muc greater tahn the minor movement of AIL, it will lock AIL at 0 and when ELE > 90 it gives out a signal at ch5 at +100 . I think when AIL flip is invoked and the ELE moves more than 10% the q-bot will crash by being confused.

kaos

Re: Looking for help on some programing

Post by kaos »

I may answered the question myself. but the question is still open to every one's input.

I jsut added another mix /sw in there. it seems avoided most unwanted off angle flips.

besides the mix/sw in the above post

I add in the mix:
ch1:+100 Ail 60 ID0
+100 Ail 80 ID1
+100 Ail 95 ID2
R 0 ail sw4 no trim

ch2: +100 Ele 60 ID0
+100 Ele 80 ID1
+100 Ele 95ID2
R 0 ele sw3 no trim

this seems fixed most unwanted off angle flips and no drops after the flip. :)
need to fly a few more packs to be sure. ;)
kaos

Re: Looking for help on some programing

Post by kaos »

A little update here. the mix added for ch1,2 completely eliminate the undesired flip. this q-bot is near perfect now. ;)
also tested using the X4 blade set on the q-bot, the x4 blades are stiffer than the original blades, BUT it effectively added one to one half minute of fly time. The original blades are softer so flex quite a bit that probably wasted a lot of energy.

Q-bot micro + x4 blades really rocks. ;) I think the only thing I have not tried in the house is doing loops. A friend of mine has an X4 and then a q-bot, according to him the q-bot flips much better (less drop than x4). Q-bot virtually can flip without drops at all. ;)

I will upload an eepe file for my set up, if any one is interested in.

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”