Double Horse 9116 tail motor out of control

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
mdigiovabc

Double Horse 9116 tail motor out of control

Post by mdigiovabc »

There are a few of us over at the rcgroups forum that have the above 4ch fp heli and we have been able to bind it to the 9x no problem. Throttle, Aileron and Elev all work OK but rudder is an issue. Nobody on that forum has been able to control the tail with the 9x Tx. We have no problems at all when we use the DH 9116 Tx. When using the 9x and you spool up the main motor, the tail motor pretty well goes to max speed and the heli is not controllable.

We have been able to use 9x to control the following models V911, Xieda 9958, V939, 949, 929 and 959 with no problems what so ever. We have even been able to use the 9116 TX to control all the above mentioned models with just a occasional invert of aileron or elevator. This is really puzzling and I have tried quite a few things but have really hit the wall trying to get this tail motor under control. It appears that the throttle channel and the rudder channel are doing some mixing. I have setup the 4 channels as follows:

- CH1: Aileron
- CH2: Elevator
- CH3: Throttle
- CH4: Rudder

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience with the er9x software as I'm currently setting up my first 450 cp heli.

I would like to be able to use the er9x on my double horse 9116 as this is currently the only model where I'm currently not able to use my 9x on.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

kille

Re: Double Horse 9116 tail motor out of control

Post by kille »

Hi mdigiovabc,

do you have a solution for this problem?

Regards,
Kille
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

does the included tx have a ppm output that you could use as a trainer on the 9x to see what is going on with the channel mix ?
kille

Post by kille »

I think not. But I will look up this. It's a good idea.
kille

Post by kille »

I have looked it up. There is no trainer port. Any other idea?

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Can you bind the 9116 Tx to a 9x receiver, basically go the opposite direction? If so you can connect servos to watch what each channel is doing, you should be able to figure out the correct mixing from that.
-Gohst
kille

Post by kille »

gohsthb wrote:Can you bind the 9116 Tx to a 9x receiver, basically go the opposite direction? If so you can connect servos to watch what each channel is doing, you should be able to figure out the correct mixing from that.
-Gohst
That's a good idea. I will try this! Thanks.
mdigiovabc

Post by mdigiovabc »

Sorry about the delay in replying but I had stopped checking the site and I just went in and saw that there was some discussion on this. The problem was with the 9116 board. I was able to get past the tail motor out of control issue by using a V912 pcb insted. I am now using a 9x receiver with no problems whatsoever.

I have replaced all of the electronics on this heli and have gone brushless for both the main and tail and am currently in the process (have ordered the parts I need) to convert the tail to variable pitch with brushless tail motor.
roger1994

Post by roger1994 »

i bind dh 9116 with 4 in 1 multiprotocol tx module, flysky/v6x6 protocol, the tail is controllable now

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”