Mode1/2 vs AETR, TEAR, ARET

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
Luke2000

Mode1/2 vs AETR, TEAR, ARET

Post by Luke2000 »

Can anyone explain the situation where in one menu, it offers Mode 1, Mode 2 etc, but in a later menu, (2nd last one in menu 10 I think), you can select AETR, TEAR, ARET etc, which I suspect is also allocating the channel to the function?

Thanks

Luke

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Mode1/2 vs AETR, TEAR, ARET

Post by Rob Thomson »

Mode 1/2 refers to the sticks the signal is received on.

e.g. thottle, rudder on left stick. aileron elevator on right.

TEAR ARET etc.. refer to the channel order received by the receiver. So.. TAER means.

Channel 1 -> thottle
Channel 2 -> aileron
Channel 3 -> elevator
Channel 4 -> Rudder

This is needed particually when flying spektrum bind & fly models. They have everything hard wired in the rx, meaning you cant unplug a servo lead and move it! So with er9x magic, you can adjust the channel order to suit your model!

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Taer is the Spektrum default, if you look at a spektrum rx , that is what they designate for the channels. Not a problem if you have a spektrum rx with removeable plugs, but for the mirco bnf models, it's a hardwired issue, you can't jsut unplug and plug in the servos, they are soldered. You could change the channel assignment if you want, but only for those modules you can change the servos in.

My micro corsair and spitfire are sol. so for those I need to use TAER. (I use this for all my models anyways... spektrum rx or not, just what I am used to)

Futaba is AETR I do believe.

Makes it easy to transition to what you are familiar with.
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

AETR, TEAR, ARET etc, which I suspect is also allocating the channel to the function?
This is a function of the templates application. When you select select one of the templates on a blank model, it applies a set of pre-applied mixes based on which template you choose. This is a little confusing because the channel order is at the bottom of the screen.

You can toggle between the various combinations, but newer users don't know that and more often then not, they select the template they want and then see at the bottom "hey whats this..."?? So you have to toggle to the order you prefer first, then apply the template for that ch order which will arrange them accordingly.

I asked to have it moved to the top, so you see it before you select a template,but because of the way the code is structured and ordered by priority for the template application, moving ch. order to top is a big undertaking I guess. I don't know anything about code.! Really want to learn, maybe someday.!
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”