Nano QX setup

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
eekzues

Nano QX setup

Post by eekzues »

I got these awhile back & read all the threads and got em flying but could never get acro or the safety working. Now that spring is here & I know guests are going to want to fly I'd like to get the safe going and acro for me but I still cant figure it out. Here is what I have set up right now
Attachments
Nano QX Y.eepm
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
20180326_164335.jpg

Daedalus66

Nano QX setup

Post by Daedalus66 »

That setup won’t work with the Nano QX.
The Nano QX does not use channel 5 at all. It requires that channel 6 be on a momentary switch with -100% for OFF and 100% for ON.
If you are using reasonably recent firmware, you should be able to simply select the TRN switch as the source for channel 6 and set it to weight of 100.
Otherwise, with older firmware, select FULL as source, TRN as Switch and 100 as weight. (This is assuming you are using ER9X.)
Reread the instructions and you’ll see that the model should enter stability mode automatically after a few seconds, as indicated by solid blue light. For agility mode, press the TRN switch briefly and the blue light should go to red.
If you have any problems, confirm details of your setup and I’ll check mine.
EDIT: I had the Agility mode light wrong.
eekzues

Re: Nano QX setup

Post by eekzues »

Thanks.. Ok I deleted ch5 and set ch6 to "100 FULL TRN" & no red light when I tap the switch. Oh running ersky9x-pd4r221
Daedalus66

Nano QX setup

Post by Daedalus66 »

But it does go to solid blue on start up? That’s the key question.

Does the Graphic channels screen show the channel 6 bar going from full left to full right when you press the Switch?

What RF module are you using?

By the way, it’s simpler to just use sTRN as the source rather than FULL. If you do, then you must leave the Switch field as —-.
eekzues

Post by eekzues »

Oh ya solid blue. Now I have the radio to ch 6 100 sTRN, I flip the trn and yes the bar goes from left to right but no effect on the quad. The module is the iRangeX IRX4

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Just to be sure, the TRN switch is momentary? Right? “Flip” sounds as though it isn’t.

Does the NanoQX fly OK in Stability mode (blue light on)?

I’ll experiment some more tomorrow.
eekzues

Post by eekzues »

Sorry I should have said pressed. Yes TRN/momentary. Flys fine & blue light is solid. I appreciate you taking the time to help me with this
Attachments
20180327_094712.jpg
20180327_094555.jpg
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

But you can’t get it to go into Agility mode (red light)?
I’ll do some experimenting this evening.
KAL

Post by KAL »

Here is the model file I use on my 9XR-Pro ...
nano QX.eepm
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
Klaus
( TH9X / 9XTreme / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc )
( 9XR PRO / erSKY9x  / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc / P3 as Slider )
eekzues

Post by eekzues »

Thanks. I changed my mixer to ch6 "100 full trn" again like yours & still no go. I tried your file and had to change it to dsm-22 to bind but the quad did not like it either( I should have taken the props off) Anyway just to make sure it's not a problem with the quads I bound 1 to my dxe & it goes into acro(red light) when I hit the trainer button.I even just built a new model from scratch and still no luck. I have no idea what the heck I'm doing wrong here
KAL

Post by KAL »

Please try limits of 80% on every channel as 100% on ersky9x equals to 125% on spektrum radios
depending on the used TX module.
Maybe a throw of 100% is too much for your nanoQX.
I'm not shure but it may be that changing mode only works in a specific range of throttle ...
( TH9X / 9XTreme / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc )
( 9XR PRO / erSKY9x  / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc / P3 as Slider )
eekzues

Post by eekzues »

HOLY COW!!! 80% did it!!! I know to set my planes on 80% because of the servos but never thought about the quads . I may have to rethink how I'm setting new stuff up. Thank You so much!!! If your ever in my neck of the woods I owe you a few beers!!!
Daedalus66

Nano QX setup

Post by Daedalus66 »

eekzues wrote:HOLY COW!!! 80% did it!!! I know to set my planes on 80% because of the servos but never thought about the quads . I may have to rethink how I'm setting new stuff up. Thank You so much!!! If your ever in my neck of the woods I owe you a few beers!!!
I should have mentioned that channel limits should always be set to 80 for a Spektrum model with ErSky9x (or OpenTX), but took it for granted as everything else seemed to be working OK.
But I’ve seen before that SAFE modes sometimes need to have the switch channel set to less than about 90 if they are to work correctly.
I was just experimenting with different transmitters (Taranis QX7 with Multi protocol module, DX8G2, AR9X with ErSky9x with Multi Orange module) and able to get everything, including Agility, to work. Next step would have been to try increasing the channel 6 limits to 100, but then I looked here!
Glad to hear all is working well.
By the way, as KAL suggests, the 80 should be set in limits, not weight. Although both will have the same effect in this particular case, in more complicated programming you don’t want to mix things up between mix values and limits. So do it as a matter of good practice.
Enjoy the Nano!

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”