base TX hardware and electronic mods

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
Irish Steve

Post by Irish Steve »

Rob,

From memory, which is always dangerous, and why I'm posting, there's a few hardware mods that should be done on the base unit regardless of which firmware is being used, and they are also relevant if no updated firmware is being used. I don't think we've got them all here yet. The one I am aware of, but can't remember where it is, other than I've seen it, is the mod to add a resistor to one of the boards to make simulator and buddy box options work correctly.

Could I suggest a section in Mods that is called something like Th9x basic mods or similar, so that people know what they're looking at. There's another post that I looked at and used for changing over the Joysticks from Mode 1 to Mode 2, which again, is non firmware specific, but possibly worth either linking, or getting a copy.

Like what I'm seeing at the moment, it's looking good for the future.

Steve
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_

wheelspinner20

Re: base TX hardware and electronic mods

Post by wheelspinner20 »

Here is one of the how to guides on changing the physical mode 1 to a physical mode 2

http://rcav.posterous.com/turnigy-9x-tr ... de-2-conve
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

Figures, I found a more detailed version.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Turnigy-9X- ... ion/5832/1
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

Actually, I would think most of the stuff you refer to would be best put in the "MODS" section. Most of what I think you are refering to is on the google home page.
Irish Steve

Post by Irish Steve »

I knew I'd seen it somewhere, but couldn't remember where, and it's slightly confusing that it's a base hardware mod, but it's in one of the updated firmware areas.

what I was looking to suggest is that there is a BASE units section in Mods, so that anyone using the basic unit has a starting reference point for any modifications that are appropriate even if they are not updating the firmware from the basic spec

I've just posted re that in the Mods section, as there's someone in there at the moment looking at using 2 x 9X TX's together, and if I remember correctly, this mod is needed, and I think I saw somewhere that it's advisable when using the TX with a simulator as well.
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Irish Steve wrote:Rob,

From memory, which is always dangerous, and why I'm posting, there's a few hardware mods that should be done on the base unit regardless of which firmware is being used, and they are also relevant if no updated firmware is being used. I don't think we've got them all here yet. The one I am aware of, but can't remember where it is, other than I've seen it, is the mod to add a resistor to one of the boards to make simulator and buddy box options work correctly.

Could I suggest a section in Mods that is called something like Th9x basic mods or similar, so that people know what they're looking at. There's another post that I looked at and used for changing over the Joysticks from Mode 1 to Mode 2, which again, is non firmware specific, but possibly worth either linking, or getting a copy.

Like what I'm seeing at the moment, it's looking good for the future.

Steve

I agree. Hardware section needs expanding.

I will look at this today.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Just had a look at the mods forum:

viewforum.php?f=12

This already will cover the requirements in this thread.

For 'base hardware' mods simply post to:

'Hardware Mods'
viewforum.php?f=26

For 'Electronic mods' mods simply post to:

'Electronic Mods'
viewforum.php?f=25

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “Feedback”