Forum restore

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Forum restore

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hi All,

Had a minor issue with the disk drive on the server hosting the forum frying itself!

I have rolled back the system to a backup from early this morning. (5 or so hours back)

No doubt some posts will be missing :D

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

cre8tiveleo

Re: Forum restore

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Do you think I can remember what I typed 5hrs ago? sheesh.. I remember I had breakfast and a nice coffee... that's about it... oh yeah.. and decals... we have some decals ready... :D
kaos

Post by kaos »

Gee, I can't believe Geeks like you guys don't have a on the fly disc imaging system/raid. You just lost 2/3 of my posts in the last month or so. :shock: 2 out of 3. :mrgreen:
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Oh well :-)
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah, shame on you.. There's no point in having my computer on if this forum is offline.. :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

rperkins

Post by rperkins »

having a fresh backup and a quick restore. good job. I've paid money for a service and gotten less support. Gonna drop a little something in the tip jar. Thanks.

about the drive. make ? in warranty ? did you get any whirring or clicking notice or smartmon messages ?

I've had more than my fair share of drive issues. probably from running so many in a case and heat. Gave up on WD and now on Seagate, although they all have their good and bad times. I noticed last year that the return process has clamped down, cant remember which manufacturer it was. It may have been someone elses drive. Oh and OCZ ssd warranty is the worse. they play a couple days of email tag before you get an rma.
erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

Whhh.... What happened? I met up with some russian friends and haben't vully rekovered.....

Don't like Stoli anymore....
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Forum restore

Post by Rob Thomson »

Moved the server as part of the weekends work - and the file system trashed itself!

Did a fs repair.. And db cam back with missing data!

So simplest solution was a restore :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Feedback”