forum bug?

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
kaos

forum bug?

Post by kaos »

interesting thing happened. I found one of the topic I was posting did not send me a email reminder for new post. and after I found out there is new post and made another new post - twice, both times it returned a message sort of like: this post will require moderator permission 1st. After about 8 hrs, it, or both, is still not being posted. Strange. But I have no problem posting in other topics.
This happened from this post: http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic ... 459#p62757

Kilrah

Re: forum bug?

Post by Kilrah »

The link you posted was considered as potential spam by the automatic thingy, requiring manual approval by a mod.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk
kaos

Post by kaos »

I see. what about the email reminder for topics? when and why it sends out or not sends out email reminder?
I thought if you have posted something in the topic, or you started a topci, it will do that from that point on. or only if you 'subscribe' to the topic, then it will send email reminder?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Only if you subscribe.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Kilrah wrote:Only if you subscribe.
I get notifications if I post in a thread... I am not subscribed to any threads.

Check your 'user control panel', 'board preferences', 'edit posting defaults', you can 'notify me of replies by default' (on/off)

kaos

Post by kaos »

just checked 'notify me of replies by default' was ON. strange. But today, from the same topic I did get an email notification for a new post. weird. some times it does, some times it doesn't. I have noticed some topics I have received notification before but lately that topic stopped sending me notification for new posts. :?:

I think Rob's head is spinning with the tracker he is making hence the web site too. :mrgreen:
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

there was a problem for some forum members getting email notifications for the last 5 days. It is fixed now. There is a post over in the feedback forum about it. That may be why you didnt get some notifications lately

Return to “Feedback”