General Forum Question

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
J.Richert

General Forum Question

Post by J.Richert »

Hi there:
Just wanted to ask if there is a way to have thread subscriptions come to my email with the new thread content included?
I am not sure how to explain it, but when I get an email from our "old" thread at RCGroups, I am able to read all of the latest posts directly in the mail, and don't need to be online to view the posts.
Does this option exist on this board?
Thanks so much
John

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: General Forum Question

Post by Rob Thomson »

At the moment the default phpbb install does not have this feature.

I will see if you can hack it in :P
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
J.Richert

Post by J.Richert »

Wow, that would be great Rob! Thanks for all your efforts!
John
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Trying to do the right thing posts?
I'm trying to sort out what and where to post questions vs progress or work arounds. So some help please. 
The ersky9x questions thread I think should be used to post question about all hardware and FW installs or fixes?
I quote Brent
"Hi, 
We can use this area to talk about the new board design.
-Brent"

The other thread
Ersky9x Rev. B1 User Area
"by SkyNorth » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 pm
This is were to post any questions / issues with the Beta run of ERSKY9x."
Is for board owners.
My confusion is what and where to post?
I'm now trying to post questions only with some back and forth questions and answers in the new board design thread.
I'm posting my usage issues with the board or measurement data or mods or fixes in the B1 user area?
I do want to post my progress and work arounds or case mods ect in some thread so that others just starting out can benefit from my success and failures. Maybe that needs to be yet another thread topic? I found prior posts a life savor of what to do right the first time by others that went before me.
A search turns up so many items related to all the threads. There is not a check off list with how to's yet, like  Heathkit used to provide. I'll make one up if someone will verify it first.
One idea is to have a qualifier one could attach to 
a post as a "must read, must do", " how to's" and for what board. This way a search for "Ersky9x
Installation" or " ersky9x Programming" would only show those posts.
Since quoting for replies is not encouraged finding the questions may be easier than the answer with a search. Post numbers are not available to refer to either.
I'm just trying to be part of the solution and not part of the trouble with wrong posting.
What's best? 
SM
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

The Beta thread is for the users of the Beta board..to ask specific questions and report issues.

The Questions Thread , was where we were talking about the design ...what to have....features and such , before the Beta was out.
If other members have questions or comments , then please use the "Questions" thread

I have been adding (slowly) to the second post in the BETA Thread.
Once the Beta testing is complete , we should have enough data in the thread to make a proper install / user manual/Wiki

So , please post in the "Beta" Thread since you have a board.

-Brent

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Beta thread it is.
SM
maniac

Re: new turnigy 9x owner, hi every one

Post by maniac »

new to all this,had roto fly that could never fly. then went with blade cx could not fly for more than few seconds.got syma 107g boring,v911 like this heli.bought turnigy 9x then moded with hk light,smartieparts board,zippy battery,then flashed with er9x firmware.er9x-r767 ver. v1.5698-mike date 21.07.2012. bought copterx 250 se,turnigy plush30 esc,ga-250 gyro,hk-tr6a v2 rx,hb2625 3900kv brushless motor,align ds420 tail servo,3 tower pro 9g for cyclic,training gear,align swashplate upgrade. setup best i can.long learning curve for old 53 yr old. have a few ? i can only flash tx if i turn on the power switch on tx.then every thing works great if i dont turn it on radio is not usable.have flashed firmware from r708 to r767,have read and loaded eeprom files ok.but must have tx switch on to work.? will this hurt anything? tried to fly today and it is scary.had it light on training gear. need to slow down sticks and would like to be able to change to higher pitch at a slower head speed with knob.every thing to fast for me.need to slow it down some.have been lookijng on here for about a month.every one seems great on here and helpful.i have a hard time finding things alot of times on forums ect. but i try best i can. i dont know if this will post but i hope it does. can upload my eepe file when i have enough posts from what i have read.i have probely setup my heli weird way. thank you every one in advance maniac in pa. usa
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

maniac wrote:new to all this,had roto fly that could never fly. then went with blade cx could not fly for more than few seconds.got syma 107g boring,v911 like this heli.bought turnigy 9x then moded with hk light,smartieparts board,zippy battery,then flashed with er9x firmware.er9x-r767 ver. v1.5698-mike date 21.07.2012. bought copterx 250 se,turnigy plush30 esc,ga-250 gyro,hk-tr6a v2 rx,hb2625 3900kv brushless motor,align ds420 tail servo,3 tower pro 9g for cyclic,training gear,align swashplate upgrade. setup best i can.long learning curve for old 53 yr old. have a few ? i can only flash tx if i turn on the power switch on tx.then every thing works great if i dont turn it on radio is not usable.have flashed firmware from r708 to r767,have read and loaded eeprom files ok.but must have tx switch on to work.? will this hurt anything? tried to fly today and it is scary.had it light on training gear. need to slow down sticks and would like to be able to change to higher pitch at a slower head speed with knob.every thing to fast for me.need to slow it down some.have been lookijng on here for about a month.every one seems great on here and helpful.i have a hard time finding things alot of times on forums ect. but i try best i can. i dont know if this will post but i hope it does. can upload my eepe file when i have enough posts from what i have read.i have probely setup my heli weird way. thank you every one in advance maniac in pa. usa
Ouch! Please can you try make sure you format your posts with carriage returns, commas etc... it will make sure that it is easy for others to actually read your question.

:-) :-) :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
maniac

Post by maniac »

maniac250.eepe
my eepe file
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
will it hurt to have to turn on my power switch to program tx ? its the only way it will work. how do i slow down my sticks ? new to this doing best i can. thanks
maniac

Post by maniac »

should my tail blades have the same pitch in both directions?

my copterx 250 has alot more one way and a little the other way and getting full movement.

cant move any more than it is. thanks
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Of course not. The tail rotor is there to counter the torque of the main rotor, so it has to have some significant positive pitch in "neutral" flight configuration (usually about the center of the adjustment range). Then you have some more throw towards positive to yaw on one side, and some throw towards less positive or a little negative pitch to yaw in the other direction by letting the main rotor torque do some effect.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Maniac:
I think if you post your current questions in here: viewforum.php?f=57
will get more responses. I can tell you will have quite a few question in that area.

Return to “Feedback”