Public Relations.

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
wheelspinner20

Public Relations.

Post by wheelspinner20 »

Here's an example....

I have never seen this username on here or groups 9x thread.... so I was interested when I read his comments. This was an answer to a general question of is the 9x a good radio.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=4

Also, can the experts comment on the validity of this persons comments just before above.?? Is the servo movement noticably less smooth than other systems.?? I am not familliar ... please confirm or rebut.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=3

Thanks

Pat
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old

erazz
9x Developer

Re: Public Relations.

Post by erazz »

Usually the part most responsible for smoothness (or lack thereof) is the servo itself.

Very broadly ther er9x FW transmits 2048 steps. The quality is decent. Hopefully we would get PXX to work and then we'd see if there's a real difference.
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

I have hk cheapo servos, their resolutions copulates monkey spheres. The hitech servos I have are as smooth as silk,so are mid range Hk servos, it's the 2.5gr servos that are not so good, they work, but res, meh...
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

What I understood from the jitter is it was with stock firmware, not er9x ...I could be wrong but that was my understanding. That said, same goes all the time, need good servo's and if there is some interference on the 2,4 band you could have some jitter based on what I have seen from the way the spectrum is used by the stock modules.
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just done a test regarding the resolution using er9x and FrSky tx/rx. I set the trim to Exfine and monitored the pulse width on a 'scope. Moving the trim switch, which caused two beeps, changed the pulse width by 2 uS which equals 0.2%. This is most likely less than the deadband of most servos. I reckon I actually see the pulse change by 1uS twice. I'm not sure but it seems the trim actualy moves two steps. Changing to Fine, I get a 4uS change in the pulse width, again it looks like two 2uS steps.
So the resolution is there, and the pulse change looks to follow the stick. Need to hook a logic analyser on to check how fast the servo pulse changes.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

That makes sense since the base time is 0.5uS ~= 2000 steps.
I do believe that the final calculation of ExFine should go out to 2 steps. Need to check. Doesn't matter, like you wrote, it's close enough.

I am beat! That was a close game! (Superbowl to those of you cross-the-pond challanged).
I asked time and again to have a nice long lead. Stop it with those close calls at the end!
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Is it me or is this thread completely off topic?
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Jansi28 is a spambot, there's an ad link in his signature... :|
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Yup... I banned him earlier. Actually thought it would remove the post too :-)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “Feedback”