Home page needed?

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
kaptain_zero

Home page needed?

Post by kaptain_zero »

I notice that when I go to http://www.openrcforums.com, I get dumped into the forum as there is no main home page. I realize that Rob has just started this project and probably has not had time to make one yet, but I do think it's needed.

I would suggest that prominent links to the google pages for ER9X and EEPE be placed on that home page, as well as direct links to both Wikis and so on. A brief introduction to what this site is about and perhaps even showing what version is the latest of each of these apps are. Thus a quick surf to the home page shows that I already have the latest of this or that..... mind you, eepe does a fine job of picking this up, but if using a portable device just to check.... well, then it's handy. Of course, none of this should be hands on... poor Rob is already looking for mods! :mrgreen:

I'll think of more things for Rob to do over the next few days, but right now... I should probably let him finish the basics. :twisted:

Regards

Christian
"There's only two things that excite a man, expensive toys and real expensive toys."
-- Red Green

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Home page needed?

Post by Rob Thomson »

These are all in the pipe line :)

Thats the very reason the forum is on /forum
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
CharlesB

Post by CharlesB »

An idea !
On the main page is it possible to show the Last newest 20 post on all forums here.
If you wanted to add a reply to a post it would put it in the correct area of that forum / attach it the same location as the original post.

That would make it easy to see what has be updated on all forums here. In one location but still keep it organized by topic .

About like Yahoo groups. but larger because of the traffic that will start showing up. Like it was in the RCGroups.

CharlesB
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I think what you are initially after is:

search.php?search_id=unreadposts

There is a link on the first page to 'View Unread Posts'.

It will all be tidied up more in due course!

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “Feedback”