Blank screen when updating firmware

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
Flydigital

Blank screen when updating firmware

Post by Flydigital »

(also posted on smartieparts board)

Stuck with blank screen.
All was working fine and had previously added er9x with smartieparts board. Today I added the TelemetrEZ module and went to update firmware to FrSky telemetry version. Something went wrong and I'm stuck with a blank screen on the 9x.

I used OpenTX companion and had to add some developer pack from somewhere to deal with an 'AVRDude' error by linking to a file in /bin - sharing this background info in case it's relevant.

I managed to successfully connect to the 9X and download my settings file. When I went to load a new firmware however it left me with a blank screen on the 9x.

my first thought was that the newly added TelemetrEZ module might have been badly installed and was causing the error. - But would appreciate any guidance!

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Blank screen when updating firmware

Post by MikeB »

If you are flashing with er9x, you are probably better off using eepe rather than companion.
You can find eepe here: http://code.google.com/p/eepe/source/br ... nstall.zip.

If you install this, it will also install a good copy of AvrDude in the same directory.Then connect up to your Tx, and try to read the EEPROM as a check all is working first.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Flydigital

Re: Blank screen when updating firmware

Post by Flydigital »

OK. I will try again with eepe. For some reason it seemed to loose a link to AvrDude but I will try again with the link you have given. Cheers

Return to “companion9x”