"resolved -impossible to identify radio on your system..."

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
butchalline

"resolved -impossible to identify radio on your system..."

Post by butchalline »

Resolved, see my last post.

Using C9X 1.52 ver 2381 on Win 8.

I cannot download eeprom from Taranis or 9xr. Tried both TXs with switch both on and off. All I get is:
"impossible to identify the radio on your system, please verify the eeprom is connected" error message.

I have read and written the eeprom with previous versions in the past.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by butchalline on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NiteOwl

Re: "impossible to identify radio on your system..."

Post by NiteOwl »

I also have the same problem having previously written to the eeprom with this version ( C9x v 1.52 r2381 on Win 7) but now get error "Taranis Radio not found" so, I'll be watching this posting closely.
NiteOwl

Post by NiteOwl »

By way of an update .
I attempted to resolve the problem of “Taranis Radio not found” by adopting a methodical approach, researching via the internet
for possible solutions or, discovering likely reasons why this error occurred.
However, impatience got the better of me :evil: and, I simply resorted to recovering from an earlier disk image that I had backed up, a week ago. :idea:
Low and behold every thing is now working. :)

I can therefore, only but make a few suggestions, as to why this fault developed;
  • A MS updated program could have introduced a side effect.
    A Registry corruption, perhaps from a Registry Cleaner! (The Registry is a bit of a minefield that I did not want to enter.)
    Another program was added or updated, e.g virus check update.
Not a wholly satisfactory outcome but, at least it illustrates the benefit of making periodic disk images.

Should this problem reappear, I will update this posting.
butchalline

Post by butchalline »

I want to isolate the problem and I am trying to uninstall C9x 1.52 ver 2381 on Win 8.
Using the control panel, I cannot locate the program companion 9x or C9x in order to uninstall it.
The installer offers no option to uninstall.

How do I uninstall C9x?
butchalline

Post by butchalline »

Moving on...
I removed C9x ver 1.52 by going to Widows program files (x86) and doing an uninstall.
to be continued...

dvogonen

Re: Sv: "impossible to identify radio on your system..."

Post by dvogonen »

I do not know what your problems are caused by, but if you want to completely get rid of companion9x to start anew, you should use regedit to find and remove the companion9x settings. They are collected under the tag companion9x.
butchalline

Post by butchalline »

continuing...
Re-installed Open TX Companion 1.52 and I can read eeprom on Taranis, but not on 9xr...
Note that you will only be able to read the Taranis eeprom only if certain prodedures are followed. If you do not follow these procedures or sequences, you will get the "impossible to identify..." message.

Here is what I found to work (Win 8, OpenTX companion 1.52):

OpenTX companion ver. 1.52 can be running or not.
USB cable is not connected yet.
Turn on taranis then click thru any switch warnings. If you do not get to the Taranis home screen, this procedure will NOT work.
Plug in USB cable, wait for three dings. If you do not get dings, this procedure will NOT work.
You can now read the eeprom.

Stay tuned for my adventures with the Turnigy 9xr transmitter... which used to work with C9x but now does not...
cervri

Re: "resolved -impossible to identify radio on your system..

Post by cervri »

I have run into the same problem. 2 weeks ago I could connect and read the Tx. Today I get the same error as above...There must be a solution somewhere....What causes it? Driver? Conpanion9x?
cervri

Post by cervri »

No answers here, Huh?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You didn't say what radio, what firmware, what companion version, what PC OS you have...
cervri

Post by cervri »

Tx is Taranis with latest firmware, Companion9x 1.52 Rev 2381. Running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I was able to connect a couple of weeks ago. I have since uninstalled Companion 9x and reinstalled it with no luck.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

When you connect the radio powered on to access the eeprom it comes up as a more-than-standard external drive, so no driver or program is needed. Make sure the radio is on the main screen with no warnings before connecting USB, and see if you get the 2 new disk drives in "My computer".
If you don't try another USB cable or USB port.
BadRaven

Post by BadRaven »

I struggled with "impossible to identify, etc, etc" messages and no action. I reinstalled the drivers (more than once!) with no result

I found that I had to apply the following sequence:-

Switch Tx on and wait for stable main screen.

Connect computer connected USB cable to the Tx rear

PC then instantly recognised the Taranis and installed and indicated ready for use.

Load Companionx

I had been trying to get it working by switching the Tx on and off while it was connected to the USB lead, this did not work!!!
Philpow

Post by Philpow »

Hi I realise from the other messages on the forum that this is a common problem and one I have been trying to negotiate myself.
I have failed after having tried several things none of which worked or failed to match the instructions given.
So to my question can any one tell me how to set up my computer which is running Win 8.1 to recognise the USB connection from my FrSky Taranis Tx I have the Companion software installed and like the idea of being able to set up a new model on the computer before installing it to the Tx but this is only useful if they talk to one another.
I have tried connecting after the Tx has booted up and switching on after connecting neither one produces any way forward as the computer is not recognising the USB connection I know this because it doesn't chime in recognition of it's connection or disconnection.
I have spent the last 4 hours on this apparently simple problem according to other sites I have looked at, but as I don't speak/understand computer lingo most of the explanations fail miserably I am hoping that someone can help oh yes please be as patronising as you can.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I believe there have been some problems using USB 3.0 ports. Do you know if you have USB 3.0 ports. Do you have a USB 2 port?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
dvogonen

Re: Sv: "resolved -impossible to identify radio on your syst

Post by dvogonen »

As you already know there are actually two USB interfaces used. When the radio is turned off, you can connect using a driver and a program called from Companion (called Dfu-util). This makes it possible to load new software to the transmitter. This USB interface requires a driver that is in no way standard in Windows and can be anything from hard to nearly impossible to install. A program called Zadig is used to help install this driver. And you have to do it manually.

The other USB interface is available when the radio is turned on. It is used for accessing the SD card in the radio and reading/writing models and settings. This interface is accessed as a mass storage device, and the driver is part of Wundiws. Most people have no problems at all getting this to work. It is the same thing as connecting any USB memory stick.

Besides the problem with USB3-ports, that Mike already mentioned, a lot of people have also reported problems with USB cables. I actually have two myself that do not work with my Taranis.

Start by trying another cable. Ignore Companion and just try to get the Taranis to turn up as a new disk drive. When you have accomplished this you should be able to save /load models.
Philpow

Post by Philpow »

Hi Further to my cry for help in getting my computer to recognise my Taranis Tx I had tried the route suggested with respect to usb drivers not being the correct one and when I ran the software it told me there were no updates required that is it could offer me no solution to a problem as there wasn't one.
This information should have prompted a logical reaction from me but it just P****d me off!!
Later I spent some time searching through the usb cables I have to find another of the correct type as the thought had struck me that I was taking it for granted that the lead I was using was good or at least wired in the same way as the Tx/computer required, Bingo (big red face for me :oops: ) connection was made and the chimes were evident :D .
It also should be noted that there are two modes in which to connect to the computer one with the Tx turned off this is so you can up date firmware ond the other with the Tx turned on this is for updating or reading from the eprom.
I may be talking to the converted here but there is a whole host of info on you tube about the Taranis one guy in particular called Scott Page is quite good at explaining things with video.

Thank you for your help ;)
Lazyace57

Post by Lazyace57 »

I have just got a Taranis PLus, I am using window 8.1, I can read the flash Memory but when I try to read the eeprom "I close 9x and then turn on my TX wait for any prompt to finish then plug in the usb and the USB driver that gets installed is FrSky Taranis Joystick so when I go to read the eeprom I get the message "imossiblr to identify..."

any solutions?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The one companion gives you... you need the radio in bootloader mode.
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (47.76 KiB) Viewed 16857 times
Lazyace57

Post by Lazyace57 »

Ok, after a little more research, I realized I needed to use OpenTX and do the above procedure.. all works now..
Lazyace57

Post by Lazyace57 »

Oh and thanks for the help.

Return to “companion9x”