MSV 19 (other firmware)

Not sure what firmware to use? Making a new firmware? Ask in here!
Rafit

MSV 19 (other firmware)

Post by Rafit »

Almost unknown firmware for this transmitter (Russian):

http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f8/thread182549.html

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: MSV 19 (other firmware)

Post by Rob Thomson »

Yes. I have seen this firmware - but have been concerned that the forum might get fulled up with russion text! Something that I doubt many current users understand :roll:
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Alekseygo

Post by Alekseygo »

I was the author of mod's of MSV1.9 for 9х. I stopped this project as Er9x is more functional and more popular. MSV1.9 has a quite good functional, is very simple and evident. Has memory on 45 models thanks to external Eprom i2c. I didn't complete GUI as I do not see sense to continue the project.

Initially the project started as "the transmitter hand-made" http://sites.google.com/site/samocoder/variantes

Very nice variant http://sites.google.com/site/samocoder/ ... s/valera69 - 100% hand-made!
msev

Post by msev »

Very interesting! I would be very pleased if someone would make a firmware that would run for example on an arduino with atmega328..That one could easily upload through the ArduinoIDE. I know the atmega328 has less inputs then the mega64, but I've seen that the 3-way switches could be multiplexed thus using less inputs.. For the transmitting part we could use some available tx modules, like the 9x tx module.. And for the screen the nokia 3310 screen like you used Aleks.

Is someone up to the job? Should I create a thread trying to get some developers on-board?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It would be fairly easy to port the existing FW's (would probably start from open9x due to the existing options structure that allow making it lighter for the 328's 2x smaller memory) to say an Arduino nano. No need to rewrite something from scratch.

msev

Post by msev »

That would be really cool, are you interested in doing that :D..I'm probably not capable enough sadly :(

If you do it you will make a lot of people very happy :D

Probably a different LCD would have to be used? Or could the same lcd that the 9x uses be also connected to an arduino?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I kind of doubt this would interest many people... By the time you've bought an Arduino, LCD, the various accessories/circuitry/gimbals/RF parts you'll end with a rather "complicated" DIY setup that's more expensive than a stock 9x, and with fewer possibilities. All the smaller arduinos only have half the memory of the stock 9x, which is already VERY tight, so you'll have to seriously give up on features (example, with that amount of memory you could only store er9x' menu structure... without any functionality at all), and the number of switches / pots would have to be reduced as well due to the lack of I/Os.
msev

Post by msev »

What about using an arduino mega 1280? It's under 20$ and has more i/os. Switches/pots are extremly cheap from ebay,..gimbals one can get from some old radios..And the lcd from r2hobbies (if possible to interface it)...Kilrah I have an off-topic question for you, do you maybe have a spare 9x mainboard that you don't use and you could sell it to me?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The 1280 could work indeed. But... even the clones I find are about $30, then if you wanted to use the stock 9x LCD you'd need to manufacture an adapter board to accomodate the suitable FPC connector, then you could certainly find gimbals, switches, pots but you'd end up with a pile of stuff without a suitable case, would have to adapt everything in a rather large box...

I just wonder why go through all that trouble when you can get it all in a nice package for $50 and be ready to go in 15 minutes :)

Yes I happen to have a spare mainboard due to a radio that arrived with a dead gimbal pot... but I'll keep it as spare ;)
Tommhy

Post by Tommhy »

Alekseygo wrote:I was the author of mod's of MSV1.9 for 9х. I stopped this project as Er9x is more functional and more popular. MSV1.9 has a quite good functional, is very simple and evident. Has memory on 45 models thanks to external Eprom i2c. I didn't complete GUI as I do not see sense to continue the project.

Initially the project started as "the transmitter hand-made" http://sites.google.com/site/samocoder/variantes

Very nice variant http://sites.google.com/site/samocoder/ ... s/valera69 - 100% hand-made!
Good work! The GUI is an interest thing to see, if we have more Flash in the Atmega64 i want to please my eyes when programming with a Interface like this! ;)

Return to “other”