More Channels on the 9x

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
Wojethebest

More Channels on the 9x

Post by Wojethebest »

I have seen in a few places people talking about putting more channels on the 9x but I didn't see any results. Has anyone actually achieve to add more channels to the 9x and if yes how was it done (simple language please)

Wojethebest

Re: More Channels on the 9x

Post by Wojethebest »

And I forgot to mention I want to use the frsky module so I can have telemantary is it possible with it or do I have to get dsm2/dsmx module
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Several ways, if you are using er9x.
1. Choose PPM16. This puts 8 channels on the main module and 8 more channels on the trainer output. Add a DHT module on the trainer signal.
2. Use a Frsky XJT. This will accept up to 12 channels in PPM.
3. Use a XJT, but select PXX as the protocol. This will give 16 channels.
For telemetry, you will need to do the hardware mod(s) to make it accessible,.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Wojethebest

Post by Wojethebest »

Thanks for the reply. I would probably do the first option because it's cheaper and I don't have to get it all at once.(at moment I just need 8ch but later I may need more)
I would like to know about what receivers would be compatible and how would the receivers be setup 2 separate receivers or connected through s.bus

Edit will the telemantary just come from the the reciver bound to the diy module so I only need to mod just like in http://www.rchacker.com/projects/turnig ... -telemetry and then add dht module to trainer port(any picture on how to do it)

Return to “Hardware Mods”