possible alternatives for the specs of diodes and resistors

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
jaas75

Post by jaas75 »

hi guys im all set i got a new soldering pen (15w) got the braided cable for desoldering, etc. Ready for the dsm2 mod. from my 4xe to my er9x radio.
But when i got to radioshack, they only had 1k instead of the 4k7 resistor recommended and the guy didnt quite get the specs of the 1n4001 diode, so im asking is there any viable alternative for others resistors or diodes that i can find in radioshack???? Im aware i can order from ebay (from the links provided in the mod tutoria)l but i would love to be able to do it now when i have free time instaed of a week or more

thxs in advance guys
jose

Crucial

Post by Crucial »

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2994581

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2036268

You should be able to check stock in your local stores with those links. And take the part numbers into the store with you.

I used this diode on mine as it was what I had on hand.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2049728
jaas75

Re: possible alternatives for the specs of diodes and resist

Post by jaas75 »

thxs for the links apparently the guy that was looking the parts for me didnt have it or wanted to go home lol (they were closing)
My next question is what kind of solder iron you guys using to desolder the module. i was trying to practice on an old pcb board with my braided wire desolder and 15watts iron but no luck. solder doesnt run or melt :| nor run on the braided desolder :roll:
What im doing wrong is 15w to little to desolder?? do you guys recommend flux or the pump better than the braided cable
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I used a 23W Weller. I used braid for my module but a sucker can't hurt if there's enough to suck up. I sometimes add a little fresh solder to the stuff I'm trying to remove. Seems to help get the heat into it better.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I removed the module from a dx4e. It had 12 pins. Instead of fighting to get them all loose, I used a cutoff wheel on a dremel to cut the 12 pin header. Then I cleaned out the holes one at a time, but we only use 3 of them.

jaas75

Post by jaas75 »

thx Shrek i was finally able to get the module out 8-) . what it finally work was 20w iron, flux, braided desolder (soak the braided cable into a little of desolder, thats the only way i got the solder to "flow")
rperkins i was this >< close of getting my dremel out and just jank the module out :D .

Thxs guys for all your help and posts

jaas
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

What spec iron do you have?

I used to have real issues de-soldering... especially on areas that where sucking the heat away.

then... I got myself a nice digital iron that can do 400 degrees. That makes life easy :roll:
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Mechcondrid

Post by Mechcondrid »

i like the weller bmp60 (believe thats the model number) battery powered soldering iron for most jobs on the go and it goes high enough to melt and pop skin (found out the hard way btw) it advertises 850 degrees on low and 900 or 950 on high (11 and 18 watts respectively)

Return to “Hardware Mods”