Data Transfer Tiny port

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
kataventos

Data Transfer Tiny port

Post by kataventos »

DataCable&Plug_Ext.JPG
This is just another type of "plug" to upload new firmware to your 9X.

Made this because the kind of plugs that I see are to big. I used an old CDRom, you can find plug and cable inside.
DataCable&Plug_Int.JPG
As you all know we just need to use 6 contacts, the plug you see have 15, so, for safety I soldered two by two, this give us 12 contacts used on a 15 flat cable.

After solder the wires I used hot glue on a table with some oil (this prevents from getting your new plug forever with your table) :mrgreen: on both sides and cover it with heat shrink as you see on the picture, this gives assures you that nothing will happen to those connections.
Flat_Cable.JPG

It´s the same all you guys have... just tiny :ugeek:
Flat_Cable_9X.JPG

Kilrah

Re: Data Transfer Tiny port

Post by Kilrah »

That FPC you plug in the radio won't last long though. They REALLY don't like being plugged/unplugged more than a few times, especially like here when the connector is not a ZIF type.
kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Kilrah wrote:That FPC you plug in the radio won't last long though. They REALLY don't like being plugged/unplugged more than a few times, especially like here when the connector is not a ZIF type.

Believe me, it will... I have made this mode and use it for some time now, it is like the first time I used it! By the way, I do not mess with the firmware every day. ;)
kataventos

Post by kataventos »

... but if it someday stop working, I will remember you and inform! but as I said, I doubt... when I do my mods, normaly I spent hours thinking and testing stuff before anything!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I don't doubt that - but I've broken enough of these FPCs to worry ;)
It depends on the connector too. Some require a lot of force to slide the FPC in, so that it sometimes bends when you push it in. Bend it 10 times and tracks start breaking. Really need to be careful...

I however do connect my radios to the PC nearly each day, if only to backup my settings. The mini-usb in the battery slot and integrated usbasp is much more suited to me ;)

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

As you see in the picture the blue part make it strong enough and do not bend easy, as for your connector type, yes, it was my favorite type, but I wanted it on the outside and different! The other problem was space, I have many things going on inside my 9X.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Don't we all? :D
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “Hardware Mods”