Muffle the clicking, and paint for the d-pad...

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
zippiz

Muffle the clicking, and paint for the d-pad...

Post by zippiz »

Hi, this is my first post here.

Just got my Flysky a week ago, and have done a couple of “mods” that I have not seen been done by anybody else. (??)

First of I used some (silver for me) paint and filled in the up/dn and +/- on the d-pad, and even if should have been a little bit more careful (used a tooth-stick as a brush) I'm quite happy with the result...

Also, I did not like the way the d-pad / navigation keys sounded and looked. The loud clicking sound makes the transmitter feel cheap (well, it is but you know what I mean ;).

So when I was adding the back light I used the old foam (the one you remove), to “muffle” the click-sound from the buttons on the controller board.

The pictures explains better than I could.

Just put cut out a bit that is small enough for it to fit when you put the board back, (I had to place the wires to the back light coming out on the left side of the back light) Push the foam gently with the non sticky side on the buttons and you should see exactly were you should make some holes. Use screwdriver to make the holes, and scissors or similar to cut out a little bit extra on the sticky side to fit the actual buttons (do not cut out to much). Do this on both the controller and select-buttons and you will have a d-pad that sounds and feels (to me at least) much better when programming the transmitter.

Maybe someone finds this useful? :roll:

Hopefully will flash it tonight. :)

cre8tiveleo

Re: Muffle the clicking, and paint for the d-pad...

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Non conductive foam? :mrgreen:

Looking good.
C.João

Post by C.João »

I've tried that foam padding on my new 9x (currently being modded...) and it actually feels good! a bit to soft actually. no loud click and perfect control on the buttons. Nice one! I never thought it would muffle the clicks at all!
zippiz

Post by zippiz »

C.João wrote:I've tried that foam padding on my new 9x (currently being modded...) and it actually feels good! a bit to soft actually. no loud click and perfect control on the buttons. Nice one! I never thought it would muffle the clicks at all!

Nice to get your feedback and glad you liked it. :)
Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

I like the idea of muffling the buttons. Thx.

When I was a youngster, I found that crevices like the symbols on the buttons, we're prime candidate to be filled in with crayon.

Basically, you get a crayon color you like. Rub it back and forth until the inside gets filled. Doesn't have to be completely filled. Clean up outside the crevise.

Then you take a hair dryer and blow hot air over it. The crayon will start to melt and perfectly fill the crevice and level itself out. It looks fantastic.

Return to “Hardware Mods”