blank screen after flashing with TelemetrEZ

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
Flydigital

blank screen after flashing with TelemetrEZ

Post by Flydigital »

Also posted on other boards. Not sure where is relevant as I'm not sure the cause…)

I successfully added the Smartieparts board and installed er9x. Today I added the TelemetrEZ module and went to update firmware to FrSky telemetry version. Something went wrong and I'm stuck with a blank screen on the 9x.

I used OpenTX companion and had to add some developer pack from somewhere to deal with an 'AVRDude' error by linking to a file in /bin - sharing this background info in case it's relevant.

I managed to successfully connect to the 9X and download my settings file. When I went to load a new firmware however it left me with a blank screen on the 9x.

Any idea on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks.

jhsa

Re: blank screen after flashing with TelemetrEZ

Post by jhsa »

Better to keep all in one place.. . I know that S_Mack said that you should post somewhere else.. But like this with multiple threads it is easy to lose track of the problem, and more difficult to help you..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
SkyLe

Re: blank screen after flashing with TelemetrEZ

Post by SkyLe »

I'm having the same problem. I've modded my Turnigy 9X with a SmartieParts Programmer (long time ago, no problems there) and as of yesterday a DJT module and TelemetrEZ board. I decided to go for the full internal connection via the radio backplane and pins 2 + 5, but after wiring everything up and flashing the latest ER9X-FRSKY, my radio will only show a blank screen.

I've tried many different combinations of wiring and components to find the source of this issue, as with my old 9X module the radio still works just fine. I've found out that only when I connect the DJT telemetry pins to the TelemetrEZ Rx/Tx port, the screen goes blank. This happens either through the internal backplane connection, or via the external telemetry pins and some wires. As long as there's no telemetry connection the system works, old module or new, but if I plug in the telemetry it just grinds to a halt.

The only thing I can still think of is a faulty TelemetrEZ board :(

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”