Back lighting reversed funtions

General Information & Rules
tomtechy

Back lighting reversed funtions

Post by tomtechy »

I have installed several Hobby King backlight pannel following Richard Mrazek video all work fine on various Turnigy and Fly Sky th9x Radios using the BS 170 transitor. On the last Turnigy th9x I modified all the back light fuctions are revesed. Example set time on for 5 seconds from eirther switchs or sticks backlight truns off for 5 seconds then on all the time. I must use ! (not) to make the back light work. Using ER9X Ver 708 on all radios. I did not jumper the resistor for using the backlight in the Sim mode. I think it is something I did wrong but have check wiring several times and Richar's video. I did notice that pot p3 the one used for editing was reversed 180 degrees with a new printed centering circle to match. It made me think that something might of change on the board also. The radio seem to work fine on the bench and can turn the back lighting on and off with everthing but the timed switches or sticks.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Back lighting reversed funtions

Post by Rob Thomson »

Are you using the latest smartie boards?

This does result in a reversal. There is a system preference to set if you are reversed or not.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
tomtechy

Post by tomtechy »

Hard wired. Where is system preference located?
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

It's in the first screen of general settings. Scroll down you should find it.
-Gohst
tomtechy

Post by tomtechy »

I see the menu in the general setting for ! (not) to reverse the fuctions but no ! (not) on the stick or switch timers. My timer if set for 5 seconds will be off for 5 second then on till a switch is pressed or stick moved. I measured the on voltage at 3.45 volts and the off volts at .55 volts. on radio that is not fuctioning correctly and on my radio that works correctly it is 5.0 volts for on and .0 volts for off they both have ER9X ver 708 all other system seem to be correct but all back light functions are reversed on my newest radio. The flash is mess up or cpu board. It still is usable. will try to reflash.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

R708 is very outdated, about a year old. The invert backlight setting doesn't exist in there yet.

I guess you didn't wire your transistor the same way in both radios, perhaps by mistake. You'd want to either fix it or install the current version where you can easily invert the backlight signal.

Sent via mobile
tomtechy

Post by tomtechy »

I loaded the latest ver of open 9x and the back lighting works fine but there is something different in the radios main boards the voltage at pin 17 on the cpu the input to the transitor were oppisite with the same command and the same ver of the software. I also loaded open 9x on a friend's radio and my lighting fuctions are normal his are reversed. Just used the not fuction to solve so not an issue but the fact that there is something different in the main boards was interesting to me. I don't beleive it myself but I check it on several radios and ver of ER9X and Open 9X. The voltage werer slightly different on the two radios .5 Volts and 0 Volts on one 3.45 Volts and 5 Volts on another on the off and on states. Quality control comes to my mind. After all the mods you cann't send the radio back to China.

Return to “General Information & Rules”