Setting up #2 plane

General Information & Rules
rogerd

Setting up #2 plane

Post by rogerd »

I have 2 planes and 2 receivers.I got the first plane all set up seems ok.Now for the second plane this is what I did. I first put the name of the second plane in the prograhm, then i did the bind. then i prograhmed the second plane. when i was done all seemed ok. I then changed to the # 1 plane and the controls in the # 2 plane still functioned .Is this the way it works.? or should i get no response at all.be advised i left the #2 plane on when i did this I just changed the choice of the plane in the transmitter.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Setting up #2 plane

Post by Rob Thomson »

No doubt you have used a spektrum radio before.

These have a system called model match in them. This ties the tx model slot to the Rx.

Don't believe any other radios on the market have this feature.... So yes. If the other model is on, it will respond.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Both receivers are bound to the RF module, and as you probably don't have model match (you didn't say which RF system you're using) both will work with any model on your radio..
Don't change models with the aircraft on or you might have some bad surprise someday ;)
Also try no to control one model with the radio set to another module.. bad surprises again. :D
a motor could start and have it's spinning prop hitting you or others..

Also it is good practise to turn the radio on first and then the model..

turn the model off first and then the radio..
These are basic RC safety rules that we should learn even before we start learning to fly.. Again, to avoid bad surprises :)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
rogerd

Post by rogerd »

OK Thank you so much. I was getting a little frustrated I feel a lot better now and thank you also for your prompt reply. The radio I have is the FS- TH9X. I also read somewhere that the batteries can pop up out of the holder so I blacked taped them in also.I would like to find a rechargable pack for this somewhere.
dvogonen

Re: Sv: Setting up #2 plane

Post by dvogonen »

That is a good idea.
Since there is no such thing as a standard plug for transmitter batteries you have to be very careful not to reverse polarity by using a battery plug that can be inserted the wrong way around (you are bound to turn it the wrong way sooner or later). There is no reverse polarity protection and the radio will be electrocuted in a second.
Reusing the contact from the battery holder is a good idea.

kaos

Post by kaos »

if you use stock FW, this one is just about perfect because stock FW the voltage alarm is set at 8.9V.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=17955

if you use er9x then you can use either the one above or the one below , because you can set your tx volage alarm in the er9x.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=17955

both cases, highly recommend cut the existing battery wire and solder a male servo connector to the existing connector, then you will have no chance of reverse the polarity.
both batt have a servo type plug already, just trim the flanges (it is for futaba plug) it will plug right in the servo connector you soldered.

Return to “General Information & Rules”