Eepe error messages

How to use eePe
rcgyuk

Eepe error messages

Post by rcgyuk »

Hi,

Have followed the guide as far as making the socket and soldering the 6 wires to mainboard.

Connect everything up and main screen of TX lights up, so far so good.

Next step was Backing up Flash and EEPROM.

Instructions are:

Assuming you get the main screen on the 9x, hit the Read eeprom button on eePe. This will read your
current eeprom/models from the 9x and save it to your computer.

Here's where it all goes wrong

First time I click the button I get this error:

Error loading file C:/DOCUME~1/Robert/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp/hex:
File may be corrupted, old or from a different system. You might need to update eepe to
read this file.

If I click the button a second time, I get this:

=================================================================================
Started AVRDUDE
C:/Program Files/eePe/avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -P usb -U eeprom:r:C:/DOCUME~1/Robert/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp.hex:i
=================================================================================

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x000102
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATMEGA64 is 1E 96 02
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

AVRDUDE done - exit code 1

I have seen similar error messages in this forum caused by incorrect eepe set up.

When I open the configure screen in eepe, there are 5 windows:

AVRDUDE location: C:/Program Files/aaPe/AVRDUDE.exe
Programmer: asbasp
mcu: m64
port: usb
Extra Arguments (is blank)

Can any one tell me where I am going wrong?

Many thanks

Robert

Crucial

Re: Eepe error messages

Post by Crucial »

Can you post a pic of your board with the wires soldered up? The second error you got usually means something is not wired right.
rcgyuk

Post by rcgyuk »

I decided to ignore the part about the backups, and move on to reflashing the er9x firmware.

This appears to have worked perfectly.

I think I read some where in these forums that until you have flashed your tx at least once, eepe is not going to be able to read it.

I have attached a picture.

When I cropped and zoomed in on the picture, I noticed a stray strand of wire on the SCK wire.

I don't think it was actually touching anything, but I have moved it out of the way.
Attachments
FlSky MB.jpg
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

You could also try adding -B 100 in the extra arguments. This should run the programmer slower. Sometimes it will "fix" issues with slightly bad connections.
-Gohst
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Solder points look ok. Your program settings look ok other than a few weird spelling differences. Have you double checked the wires going into the plug on the other end of the soldered wires?

For the first error when you tried to backup I'm guessing it was still the stock software and you clicked the "Read Memory from Tx" button(first pic). This would try to read the stock eeprom and load it into eepe. This won't work as eepe can't understand the stock eeprom data. You would have to click the "Read eeprom memory to file" menu option to save a copy of the stock eeprom then click the "Read FW from Tx" button to save the stock FW.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
capture2.jpg

Westy

Post by Westy »

I had the same errors with my original files .... I simply used AVR8 to do the job. Worked a treat!

Return to “eePe”