Eepe option addition.

How to use eePe
billhally

Eepe option addition.

Post by billhally »

removed
Last edited by billhally on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

cre8tiveleo

Re: Eepe option addition.

Post by cre8tiveleo »

I do believe it's been there since day one, or close to it. (Don't have it on me at work, but I am sure someone else will chime in)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What programmer are you trying to use that AVRDUDE doesn't support? Eepe has a drop down list for the programmers AVRDUDE does support.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
billhally

Post by billhally »

removed
Last edited by billhally on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

I understand the importance of DIY, but give the cost of an USBASP programmer, does it make sense ???
Furthermore both eepe and companion parse avrdude output to understand if everything goes well.
To spare you 4$ someone need to spend some time to understand how to do a flexible way of parsing generic programmer output.
For me makes very little sense, but that's my opinion

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Might be as simple as having the option to use avrdude or a custom command. The custom command would then launch a separate window. The end user would be responsible for making sure the correct command was put in, and that it finished correctly.
-Gohst
billhally

Post by billhally »

Romolo wrote:To spare you 4$ someone need to spend some time to understand how to do a flexible way of parsing generic programmer output.
My god well there it is right there you fool. I have spent more on this hobby than you will ever have what a clown reply I feel sorry for you get a real life man and not a cyber one like you currently have. Egotistical wow take a look at your sig text putting yourself on a pedestal or what no wonder that erazz has disappeared with ego's like that on the scene. I thought that opensource was about people forwarding idea's that may enhance things oh well you obviously know better (not). Dont even bother to reply to this thread as I wont see it am logging off this forum for good can do with out egotistical maniacs in this hobby.
Admin feel free to delete my account as I wont be needing it any more.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Projects like this are about people giving their time for free to make something great. As that time is not unlimited, choices have to be made to use it wisely on features that most people will find a use for.
So obviously compromises will have to be made. Is it worth spending a dozen of hours on something that ONE person in thousands of users has a need for, when the effort to solve the problem on his side is minimal? What would you do if you were at Romolo's place (knowing he'd likely be the one to actually spend the time to program it)?

Can't do everything unfortunately.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I'v asked for many features in the past. And most of them were not implemented..
I'm sorry but I can't understand why you are so angry about it..
Yes, we ask for features we'd like to have but is up to the people that spend their precious time and for free programming to do it or not.. How much did you pay them for the software to be complaining like that? And that was just a first opinion that he had. It doesn't mean that in future they wouldn't do it.. look at the audio/voice for example.. how many times have I been told it would not be possible? and now we have it..
The difference is, I nagged them, didn't insult them.. this people are good people.
Romulo is one of the programmers and you have no right to insult him or anyone else on this forum.. What you said is absolutely unacceptable..
I think an apology would be appropriate..

EDIT: and yes, if I was an admin I would ban you from this forum. we don't like that kind of behaviour here.. I'm very thankful that we have a few people working on this project
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

billhally wrote:
Romolo wrote:To spare you 4$ someone need to spend some time to understand how to do a flexible way of parsing generic programmer output.
My god well there it is right there you fool. I have spent more on this hobby than you will ever have what a clown reply I feel sorry for you get a real life man and not a cyber one like you currently have. Egotistical wow take a look at your sig text putting yourself on a pedestal or what no wonder that erazz has disappeared with ego's like that on the scene. I thought that opensource was about people forwarding idea's that may enhance things oh well you obviously know better (not). Dont even bother to reply to this thread as I wont see it am logging off this forum for good can do with out egotistical maniacs in this hobby.
Admin feel free to delete my account as I wont be needing it any more.
Totally unacceptable post. Whether you choose to not post again or be banned by the moderator, I hope this is the last we hear from you.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Really... People do forget that everything is being given 100% free. And many hundreds of hours go in to make it what it is.

So why complain? And how can you assume that you personally have spent more than x person; or even that money spent dictates a level of respect you should be given?

My suggestion. . Contribute a bit to the community.. Maybe consider (as you are so keen to brag on the money you have spent) donating to the developers to show some appreciation!

Personally... I think you should come back with an apology.

I will not be deleting this thread. Maybe on day you will come back and use it to apologise. Until then... It will stay up so everyone can see what a **** you are; and how not to get help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Lest we forget, this same issue was brought up in January and the OP was offered nothing but help. From the same people he insults no less.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74

Return to “eePe”