Burned 9xtreme, please help!

ldmaston

Burned 9xtreme, please help!

Post by ldmaston »

Hi guys!
I was using my 9xtreme for a sim, and I had the usb cable plugged in, and I jammed the battery back into the compartment, and there was a little spark, and I realized the casing (ground) of the USB cable touched the positive lead of the battery. As soon as that happened the screen went to just saying 9xtreme, with the 003 or whatever at the lower left corner. Also, the power to the module in the back was now off. I located a diode that was clearly burned up, and we replaced this, hoping that would fix the problem. After replacing this, the radio still does the same thing. We can not get the led to turn on, and can't see any other obviously burned components. Could I have burned up the STM32? I do get my computer to recognize the STM32 chip in DFU mode, but otherwise the radio will only show that same screen with the 9xtreme in plain letters.

I want to fix this if I can, but also, If I order another 9xtreme I want to make sure I didn't fry something in my original radio as well.
I have the ability to pretty much replace any chip I need to. Also, what specifically powers the LED? Does it need to have the correct firmware for the LED to come on?

Thanks again! I really love my 9xtreme!
Attachments
image1.JPG

jhsa

Re: Burned 9xtreme, please help!

Post by jhsa »

Check for burnt traces.. If the radio shows up on the computer over USB means the chip might not have been damaged. Check the 5V regulator circuitry.
How the heck there was a live positive battery wire inside the battery compartment? :o :o :(
Asking for trouble? ;) :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”