Solved - LCD not working

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9Xtreme not working

Post by MikeB »

The LCD is connected to the original board using a flat (ribbon) cable. Please check this has not been pulled out of the connector on the original board.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Suncoaster

Re: 9Xtreme not working

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote:The LCD is connected to the original board using a flat (ribbon) cable. Please check this has not been pulled out of the connector on the original board.

Mike.
OK, I will do this tomorrow as I am just off to bed.

Dave
Suncoaster

Re: LCD not working

Post by Suncoaster »

I should hang my head in shame, :oops: I checked the ribbon cable several times when I was trying to get this working. Today I checked it again and it had become slightly dislodged. This time I made sure that it was fully inserted and made sure it stayed that way when I locked the cable in place, and all is working.

Now to do the reverse current protection mod and the ppm protection mod. Can I use a regular diode instead of a SMC one, I realise it won't look as neat but I assume it will still do the job.

As far as the telemetry connection goes I have modified the DJT module internally, so can I just solder the black and white wires to the pins on the backboard.

Once again Mike and João thank you for your help, I don't know what I would do without your help. :D

Dave
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You could already have fixed this a couple days ago.. It was suggested precisely that you check the ribbon cable ;) :mrgreen:

You can use a normal diode as long as it is a schottky diode, and rated at about 3A (some room here). Be careful not to short anything.. Those boards have a lot of magic smoke trapped inside. Any mistake and they will release it :mrgreen:

Good luck, and well done with the LCD..
João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

jhsa wrote:You could already have fixed this a couple days ago.. It was suggested precisely that you check the ribbon cable ;) :mrgreen:

I agree with you, but this time I did not just use a "Mark 1 eyeball", to check I used the tug on the cable method and found the problem that way.

You can use a normal diode as long as it is a schottky diode, and rated at about 3A (some room here). Be careful not to short anything.. Those boards have a lot of magic smoke trapped inside. Any mistake and they will release it :mrgreen:

I will be using a schottky diode and will observe due care to ensure all the magic smoke is retained. :mrgreen:

Good luck, and well done with the LCD..
João
What about the telemetry connection :?:

Dave

jhsa

Re: Solved - LCD not working

Post by jhsa »

If the DJT is modified, then yes, you can do that.. You only need the black wire connected to pin 5. Pin 2 would be only to program the internal alarms of the DJT. I don't think you will use them with the 9xtreme board, as it can do much better, right ?? ;) :lol:

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

jhsa wrote:If the DJT is modified, then yes, you can do that.. You only need the black wire connected to pin 5. Pin 2 would be only to program the internal alarms of the DJT. I don't think you will use them with the 9xtreme board, as it can do much better, right ?? ;) :lol:

João
I would definitely agree with that. :lol: Once again thanks for all your help.

Dave
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

One last question re telemetry. If I was to use a Orange Tx module with Lemon telemetry enabled Rx's would I need the white wire connected to pin 2 in this case. :?:

Dave
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Which Orange TX module? The one I know doesn't support telemetry.
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Kilrah wrote:Which Orange TX module? The one I know doesn't support telemetry.
Maybe it doesn't, I haven't received it yet, but as the one I have for my 9XRPro does I assumed that this one would as well. ;) :o I guess I will have to wait and see.

Dave

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”