(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 247 times
p3.pdf
Page 3
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 221 times
p4.pdf
Page 4
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 224 times
Dear forum members,
I am in need of assistance regarding the installation of my 9Xtreme board onto a FS-TH9X TX that came with a 3D Robotics Iris+.

My question is regarding the TX/RX cable that exits the FrSky port on the 9X Extreme board.

Where would I connect the two leads coming from the 9Xtreme's 2 pin FrSky port to the DJT module / back-side circuit board of the TX?

I assume they need to connect to the FrSky DJT module but I am unsure where to make the connection. The DJT leads pass via a Max3232 TTL converter then breakout into two wires that are soldered directly to the original FS-TH9X main board.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers,
/Thomas

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Install 9Xtreme on Iris+ TX

Post by MikeB »

When you install the 9Xtreme, two of the spring pins connect to the two pads where the existing telemetry wires connect. You will need to remove these wires and clean off any remaining solder on those two pads.

The 9Xtreme provides a telemetry connection cable with two wires, one black and one white. RS232 buffering is provided on the 9Xtreme, so you do not want the buffer on the back board. You also only need the Tx and Rx signals, the 5V and GND wires going to the RS232 buffer are not needed.
Find which wire is connected to the Tx signal of the DJT and connect this to the black wire from the 9Xtreme. Find the wire connected to the Rx signal of the DJT and connect this to the white wire from the 9Xtreme.
Safely insulate the 5V and GND wires from the DJT, or even remove them altogether.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Also, to locate some more directory info about installing the 9Xtreme Board see here: (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7182).

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
thcmm

Post by thcmm »

Thanks so much for the help MikeB and bob195558.

I put together a little guide in case anybody else has the same question. Attached....

Cheers,
/Thomas
Attachments
3dr_iris_to_9xtreme.pdf
(812.12 KiB) Downloaded 386 times

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”