9Xtreme Upgrade fix broken 9X

khogan707

9Xtreme Upgrade fix broken 9X

Post by khogan707 »

I was reading through the description of the 9xtreme and it seems to me that the 9Xtreme is converting its own power. So the simple question would be would this fix a 9X that is broken from reverse polarity?

ProZak

Re: 9Xtreme Upgrade fix broken 9X

Post by ProZak »

khogan707 wrote:So the simple question would be would this fix a 9X that is broken from reverse polarity?
Others may disagree, but unfortunately I think that is one of those "How long is a piece of string?" questions. If we could guarantee what happens when you apply power in a reverse-polarised fashion then it would be a simple answer. There certainly are candidate responses as to what can have happened, but it would probably be foolhardy to just outright say "Yes, this will fix it!".

Perhaps it would be better to use another part of the forum to diagnose and (hopefully) fix the initial problem(s) before you continue with this train of thought...
9XTremist

Post by 9XTremist »

IIRC, the processor on both boards is being used. Less and less stressful jobs are sent to the stock/oem processor so, if the OEM isn't working ... but, if you can solder ... .
If you think that musical sounds come from ESC's
then you probably believe that "Star Trek" was
filmed on "Remote Location"
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

This has actually come up a lot. At least 2 dozen people have contacted me directly asking this very question. A few have just gone ahead and tried it, and at least two of them have reported success while several others reported failure. It really depends on what happened when "the event" went down.

I would *not* count on it, that's for sure. And I personally wouldn't risk it. I'd do as suggested above and fix the original problem prior to proceeding. But... it may not be entirely necessary.

So yeah, the answer is "maybe"
khogan707

Post by khogan707 »

thanks for the help.

I guess I could tear out the 9Xtreme I already have installed on another radio and see if it fixes it, but then I risk messing it up or messing up the re-installation. I think for now I will try to fix the radio before I spend the $70.

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Uninstalling the 9Xtreme is not exactly "tearing it out". It took me about 10 minutes to remove and reinstall!

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”